- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Atik Titan Color CCD Camera W/ Sony ICX424 Sensor - ATK0073 - Used
- This Atik Titan Color CCD Camera W/ Sony ICX424 Sensor is Used and in Good Condition. Upon inspection, we found that the camera is fully functional. The nosepiece shows signs of wear and tear, otherwise everything else looks good.
- Image shows new product.
- Comes with High Point 90-Day Warranty
Atik Titan Color CCD Camera W/ Sony ICX424 Sensor
- The Atik Titan CCD Camera is a perfect introductory camera that allows you to choose between planetary and deep sky imaging
- Features a cooled CCD with low read noise and long exposure imaging
- The low read noise enables detection of faint details over long exposures while sensitivity moves to resolution for planetary imaging requiring fast frames
- The Atik Titan CCD Camera uses a Sony Color ICX242 sensor and records up to 15 frames per second in uncompressed 16 bit format
The Atik Titan CCD camera enables you to choose between planetary and deep sky imaging, making it an ideal introductory camera. With capabilities of recording up to 15 frames per second in uncompressed 16-bit format in high speed mode, this camera makes it easier to pull magnificent detail out of low contrast objects such as the cloud belts of Saturn or the surface of the Sun. This high frame rate is important in order to capture moments of steady seeing where the images become clear.
When used in deep sky mode, the Atik Titan has a remarkable 5 electron read-noise which is a better than many astro-cameras costing thousands of dollars. Faint detail can be teased out of the Titans images with the low-read noise. Advanced cooling for long-exposure imaging is also featured with the Atik Titan.
The Atik Titan is an ideal, high end guide camera due to the mix of high sensitivity and high frame rates it produces. A standard ST-4 type guide socket is featured on the back of the Titan for direct connection to a mount. Guiding can be performed through Atik's included Capture software or programs like Maxim DL, AstroArt and CCD-Soft.
Included with your Atik Titan CCD Camera is a new image processing software by Atik called Dawn. Much like the Atik Cameras, Dawn was designed from the ground up to be powerful and easy to use. The great part about this software is its ability to enable a sequence of image procession steps to be represented in the form of a pictorial work-flow. This can be created with a few mouse clicks and is executed very easily for repeatable and speedy results.
The ICX424AL is a diagonal 6 mm (Type 1/3) interline CCD solid-state image sensor with a square pixel array suitable for EIA color cameras. Progressive scan allows all pixel's signals to be output independently within approximately 1/60 second. This chip enables you to realize full-frame still images without a mechanical shutter due to the electronic shutter feature with variable charge-storage time. Through the adoption of HAD (Hole- Accumulation Diode) sensors, low dark current and high sensitivity are achieved. Applications such as surveillance cameras and FA are suitable for use with this chip.
ICX424AL Sensor Features:
- Interline Color CCD image sensor
- High sensitivity, high resolution, low dark current
- Individual readout of image signals from all pixels is possible with the progressive scan
- Square Pixels
- High vertical resolution (480 TV-lines) still images without a mechanical shutter
- Horizontal drive frequency: 24.54 MHz
- Supports VGA format
- No voltage adjustments (reset gate and substrate bias are not adjusted)
- Low smear
- Continuous variable-speed shutter
- Horizontal register: 5.0 V drive
- Superb anti-blooming characteristics
- 16-pin high precision plastic package (enables dual-surface standard)
- Image size: Diagonal 6 mm (Type 1/3)
- Total number of pixels: 692 (H) x 504 (V) approx. 350 K pixels
- Number of effective pixels: 659 (H) x 494 (V) approx. 330 K pixels
- Unit cell size: 7.4 µm (H) x 7.4 µm (V)
- Chip size: 5.79 mm (H) 4.89 mm (V)
- Optical black: Horizontal (H) direction: Front 2 pixels, rear 31 pixels - Vertical (V) direction: Front 8 pixels, rear 2 pixels
- Number of dummy bits: Horizontal 16 - Vertical 5
- Substrate material: Silicon