- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Celestron Skyris 132C Color CMOS Camera - 95508
Celestron SkyRis 132C Color CMOS Camera Highlights
- The Celestron SkyRis Camera was designed and engineered in Germany by The Imaging Source, the leader in high-end planetary imaging, in collaboration with Celestron engineers in California.
- Powered by SuperSpeed USB 3.0 technology, the Skyris imaging camera transfers data at the fastest possible speeds.
- The SkyRis 132C uses the Aptina AR0132 CMOS color imaging sensor, a state-of-the-art chip used by imaging companies worldwide.
- The world’s top planetary imagers, including Christopher Go, beta-tested and use Celestron Skyris cameras.
More about the Celestron SkyRis 132C CMOS Camera
USB 3.0 for Lightening Fast Readouts
The Celestron Skyris camera is capable of super-fast image downloads thanks to USB 3.0 connections. Even more impressive, Skyris’ CMOS sensor is capable of capturing up to 200 frames per second when sub-framed on planets. Or, image the full 1.2 megapixel 1/3-inch sensor at 60 frames per second—great for lunar and solar imaging.
Ultra-Sensitive AR0132 CMOS Sensor
CMOS technology is emerging as the hottest thing in imaging, and Aptina’s AR0132 sensor leads the way. This updated version of the popular MT9M034 sensor offers the perfect combination of speed, sensitivity, and value. You’ll get results that rival those of more expensive cameras, at a price that’s well suited to the budding astroimager.
Skyris also features a Celestron-designed camera body, which helps dissipate heat to minimize the effect of thermal noise on the CCD. Skyris cameras do not have an optical window, which makes cleaning your camera easier and ensures maximum light transmission with no risk of internal reflections.
Just Add Your Telescope & PC for a Complete Imaging System!
All Skyris cameras include Celestron iCap capture software and stacking software (for Windows systems only). This software suite allows you to easily control the camera, capture, and export your images or movie files. Next, you’ll filter your images and stack the best shots to create your masterpiece.
With a 1.25" nosepiece and 10' USB 3.0 cable included, Skyris has everything you need to get started with lunar, solar, or planetary imaging.
Using the Skyris as an Autoguider:
Skyris cameras also make excellent autoguiders. If used with a Celestron mount, Skyris connects as a DirectShow device or WDM-style webcam. Just plug the hand control into the supplied serial cable using an optional USB to RS-232 Adapter. Skyris works with popular software like MaxIm DL or freeware like PHD Guiding. Or, plug the camera into the ST-4 autoguider port on select non-Celestron mounts, turning your Skyris into a high-end autoguider.
Celestron SkyRis 132C CMOS Camera Specs
- Imaging Sensor: Aptina AR0132AT CMOS (Color)
- Weight: 3.6 oz
- A/D Conversion: 12 bit
- Back Focus Distance: 19mm with nosepiece, 17.5mm with C-mount
- Exposure Range: 0.0001 to 1 second
- Mounting: 1.25" barrel and C-thread
- Operating Environment: 40Â° C to -40Â°C
- Shutter: Rolling
- Software Compatibility: iCap, IC Capture, DirectShow, FireCapture
- Sub-Framing: Hardware selectable
- Power Requirements: Powered by USB
- Camera Resolution: 1280 x 960
- Sensor Size: 3.54mm x 2.69mm
- Pixel Size: 3.75 micron square
- Frames per Second: Over 200 (60fps at full frame)
- USB Connection: Super-speed 3.0, 10' cable length
Skyris now Mac OS X compatible!
Celestron Skyris astrophotography cameras are now Mac OS X compatible! No driver update is needed for the camera, simply download and install the software. Free software downloads are available here: