- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Celestron Skyris 236M Monochrome CMOS Camera - 95507
Celestron Skyris 236M Monochrome CMOS Camera Features:
- Celestron partnered with "The Imaging Source" to develop the Skyris line of planetary imagers
- This Celestron Skyris CMOS camera incorporates the exciting Sony Exmor IMX236 imaging sensor.
- With a high speed 3.0 USB connector you get the fastest possible frame rate. 3.0 USB is backwards-compatible with a 2.0 USB connector
- The Skyris 236M has a frame rate of 120 frames per second
- A great planetary imager, and small 2.8 micro pixel size requires less focal length than sensors with larger pixels.
- Skyris will easily adapt to your telescope or lens with a 1.25" nosepiece or C-thread
- Included accessories consist of a 1.25" nosepiece, iCap software CD, 10' USB 3.0 cable
- Includes Celestron 2 Year Warranty
Skyris planetary imaging cameras are the result of a collaboration between two industry leaders: Celestron and The Imaging Source. The Imaging Source is highly regarded for their innovative line of CCD & CMOS cameras, and Celestron has been leading the charge in telescope design and innovation for years! Together the two make great products, and we are happy to have the Skyris line-up of imaging cameras, with their full two-year warranty, available for our customers!
Celestron Skyris cameras allow you to capture crisp, high resolution images of the moon, sun, and planets like never before. With industry-leading Sony Exview HAD or EXMOR CMOS technology, Skyris cameras give astroimagers an edge in the field! This is the first camera series that incorporates USB 3.0 high speed connections and Celestron's proprietary camera body design, which helps dissipate heat and minimize thermal noise.
Sony Exmor CMOS Sensor:
The Sony EXMOR IMX236 monochrome CMOS sensor offers the perfect combination of speed, sensitivity and value. With a 1920 x 1200 image sensor made up of small, 2.8 micron square pixels, you’ll enjoy higher resolution images than if you were to use a similar sized sensor with larger pixels. And if you have a small to medium-sized telescope with a shorter focal lengths, you’ll achieve a bigger image scale without compromising sensitivity. The Exmor is a version of Sony’s high performance CMOS image sensor, with high speed processing, low noise, and low power dissipation by using column-parallel A/D conversion. The Sony IMX236 has high sensitivity in the near infrared light region, and improved sensitivity in the visible light range.
Celestron Skyris Monochrome:
The Skyris 236M is a monochrome camera that offers the most sensitivity, so you can capture the best possible monochrome images instantly. Either use the camera by itself to capture stunning black & white images of the Moon and planets, or use optional color filters and a filter wheel to create your own color planetary images. This monochrome camera offers you increased sensitivity and the flexibility to image Solar System objects the way you want.
Celestron Skyris Software:
All Skyris cameras include Celestron iCap capture software and stacking software, for Windows systems only. This iCap software allows you to easily control the camera, snap your images or movie file, and export them. Next, you'll bring your images or movies into the stacking software, where you can automatically filter the best images and stack them to create your masterpiece.
Celestron Skyris 236M Monochrome Camera Specifications:
- A/D Conversion: 12 bit
- Back Focus Distance: 19 mm with Nosepiece; 17.5 mm with a C-mount
- Exposure Range: 0.0001 sec to 10 sec
- Imaging Sensor: Sony ICX236 Monochrome CMOS
- Sensor size: 5.44 mm x 3.42 mm
- Pixel size: 2.8 μ square
- Camera Resolution: 1920 x 1200 pixels
- Framing Rate: up to 120 frames per second
- Mounting: 1.25" barrel and C-thread
- Operating temperature: +40° C to -40° C
- Shutter: Rolling
- Sub-framing: Yes, selectable
- Software compatible: iCap, IC Capture, DirectShow, oaCapture
- Power: Powered by connection via USB cable
- USB Computer connection: High-speed 3.0, 10 foot cable length
- Weight: 3.6 oz (102 g)