- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Orion StarShoot G3 Deep Space Monochrome Imaging Camera - 53083
Orion StarShoot G3 Deep Space Monochrome
Imaging Camera 53083
- Orion StarShoot G3 Deep Space Monochrome Imaging Camera is an affordable astrophotgraphy camera that delivers amazing tri-color or LRGB astrophotos with a telescope and specialty filters.
- Orion StarShoot G3 Deep Space Monochrome Imaging Camera features a 1/2" format CCD sensor an on-board thermoelectric cooler (TEC).
- Orion StarShoot G3 Deep Space Monochrome Imaging Camera has high tech features such as a regulated thermoelectric cooling, on-board fan and 16-bit A/D conversion.
- Orion StarShoot G3 Deep Space Monochrome Imaging Camera with its ST-4 output built right in allows for high performance, low noise autoguiding.
- Orion StarShoot G3 Deep Space Monochrome Imaging Camera includes Orion Camera Studio software for easy processing, sharing and capturing of astro-images.
The Orion StarShoot G3 Deep Space Monochrome Imaging Camera enables you to take superb, 16-bit pictures of deep space phenomena without breaking the bank. This third generation affordable, entry-level Monochrome Orion StarShoot Deep Space Imaging Camera allows you to take magnificent astrophotos.
The Orion StarShoot G3 Deep Space Monochrome Imaging Camera has been redesigned offering performance enhancing features and software that were other wise reserved for more expensive CCD imagers. Built around the popular Sony interline ICX419AKL Monochrome CCD chip, which boasts a 752 x 582 pixel array with sensitive, 8.6 micron by 8.3 micron pixels, the StarShoot G3 is capable of detecting fine details in celestial objects. This bigger, 1/2" format CCD sensor usually isn't available in cameras priced as low as the StarShoot G3, and it provides a much larger imaging field of view than cameras equipped with 1/3" format chips so you can shoot more sky in far less time.
The Orion StarShoot G3 Deep Space Monochrome Imaging Camera features a monochrome imaging CCD chip and is capable of performing advanced tri-color imaging techniques when used with proper LRGB or narrowband astrophotography filters. The use of a monochrome astrophotography camera gives you complete control over which light wavelengths to heighten and achieve vividly color astrophotos of deep space phenonema.
The Orion StarShoot G3 Deep Space Monochrome Imaging Camera features regulated thermoelectric cooling (TEC) and is the only camera in its price range to do so. The thermoelectric cooling enables accurate dark frame acquisition which signigicantly improves astrophoto quality and also reduces noise. Because the thermoelectric cooling is typically only seen amongst pricier cameras, this enhancement makes the StarShoot G3 an amazing value. The on-board TEC can cool the StarShoot G3 to a brisk 10 degrees Celsius below ambient temperature so that noise is minimized in dark frames and exposures. Assisting the TEC is a small, vibration free fan that removes warm air and further optimizes imaging results.
The Orion StarShoot G3 Deep Space Monochrome Imaging Camera has a subframe downloading feature that enables speedier results in approximately 2 seconds. The StarShoot G3 has a wide exposure range to help you take extensive exposures of wispy deep space objects. The imaging software included with the StarShoot G3 makes it easy amongst the whole astrophotography process. From saving results, processing images, then sharing with friends and family, the complete astrophotography software delivers. ASCOM drivers are included as well and enable use with popular image processing programs.
The versatile Orion StarShoot G3 can also be used as a dedicated autoguider, with a direct ST-4 output conveniently built right into the camera body. Use the StarShoot G3 as a high-performance, low-noise 16-bit CCD autoguider with a high-end CCD imaging camera or DSLR attached to your imaging telescope for especially accurate tracking and precise results. Included ASCOM drivers allow you to use your choice of autoguiding software with the StarShoot G3, such as PHD Guiding, when using the camera as an autoguider. Autoguiding software is not included with the Orion StarShoot G3 Monochrome Deep Space Imaging Camera.
For easy attachment to virtually any telescope focuser, the Orion StarShoot G3 Deep Space Monochrome Imaging Camera comes with a removable 1.25"nosepiece. You can easily enhance your images because the nosepiece is threaded for use with 1.25" Orion imaging filter. If you choose to remove the 1.25" nosepiece you will then have a built-in 2" nosepiece with T-threads for secure coupling of the camera to your imaging telescope and/or astrophotography accessories.
The Orion StarShoot G3 Deep Space Monochrome Imaging Camera takes up little space due to its 3.4" in diameter with a depth of 1.85". Its small size makes it possible to use Fastar and Hyperstar imaging systems. The StarShoot G3 Deep Space Color Imaging Camera weighs roughly 12 ounces. The included USB 2.0 connection and 10' USB cable help connect your deep space camera to your computer. A 10' auto-lighter power cable is also included to provide 12V DC power to the on-board cooling TEC when needed. The USB 2.0 connection provides enough power to the camera for non-cooled operation or for use as an autoguider. External power is only required for TEC operation.
The Orion StarShoot G3 Deep Space Monochrome Imaging Camera is one of the most affordable Orion16-bit, cooled CCD imaging camera and is amongst the best, affordable imaging cameras in the market today.