- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
QHY MiniCam5S Monochrome CMOS Camera - MCAM5S-M
QHY MiniCam5S Monochrome CMOS Camera
The QHY MiniCam5S is a cooled CMOS monochrome camera that can be used for deep space and planetary imaging. It also makes a nice mono guide camera.
The QHY MiniCam5S uses the Aptina 1.2 megapixel MT9M034 CMOS monochrome sensor, with a 1280 x 960 pixel array made up of 3.75um square pixels. This sensor has extremely low readout noise and a QE of 74%. It is capable of capturing data at 30FPS for full resolution, and 200 frames per second at a resolution of 320 x 240.
Amazingly, the MiniCam5S includes a regulated dual-stage TEC that can cool the camera to a maximum of -38C below ambient. A built-in heater will help keep moisture from forming on the chamber window, but a silicon gel tube is included that will allow you to dry the chamber manually.
The MiniCam5S uses an industry standard 5 PIN guide port. QHYCCD is the first manufacturer that uses this more expensive Lemo-style connector, which provides a superior connection between the camera and another device. The MiniCam5S supports on-camera guiding with 12-bit image output.
QHY MiniCam5S Monochrome Camera Specifications
- CMOS Sensor: Aptina MT9M034
- CMOS Size: Typical 1/3 inch
- Effective Pixels: 1280 x 960
- Pixel Size: 3.75um x 3.75um
- Readout Type: Progressive Scan
- Shutter: Electric Rolling Shutter
- Exposure Time: 10us-1800 sec
- Max Speed: 1280 x 960 30FPS, 640 x 480 106FPS
- Pixel Binning: 1x1, 2x2
- Peak QE: 74%
- AD Conversion: 8bit/12bit (output)
- Readout Clock: 48MHz/72MHz
- Readout Noise: High Gain 2e- Medium Gain 4e- Low Gain 7e-
- Full Well Capacity: 18ke-
- Mechanical Interface: M42/1.25” T Ring/C Mount
- Optic Glass Window: AR + AR Clear Glass
- Silicon Gel Socket: Yes
- Cooling: Two stage TEC
- Max Cooling: Typical -40C below ambient
- Weight(Camera only): 280g
- Power Consumption: 50% Cooling Power at 10.7W
- Guider Interface: 5-pin Lemo Style Industry Socket
- USB2.0 Interface: Yes