- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
QHY MiniCam5F Monochrome Camera with Filter Wheel & 5 Filters - MCAM5F-FW9-5
QHY MiniCam5F Monochrome CMOS Camera
With Built-in 9 Position Filter Wheel, LRGB and Black 12mm Filters
The QHY MiniCam5F is a cooled CMOS camera with a built-in 9-position motor driven color filter wheel that accepts QHY’s 12 mm mini filters. This model comes with five filters, including luminance, red, green, blue (LRGB), and a black filter for capturing dark frames. Additional 12 mm mini filters are available separately, such as an Ha, OIII, SII, H-Beta, and CH4, at a price that is way below larger filters.
This small but powerful astro camera can be used for video planetary imaging as well as brighter deep-sky objects. Planetary nebulae, globular clusters and small galaxies are within the reach of the MiniCam5F, and if you have a short focal length telescope, larger diffuse nebulae will make great targets.
The QHY MiniCam5F uses the Aptina 1.2 megapixel MT9M034 CMOS monochrome sensor, with a 1280 x 960 pixel array made up of 3.75um square pixels. This sensor has extremely low readout noise and a QE of 74%. It is capable of capturing data at 30FPS for full resolution, and 200 frames per second at a resolution of 320 x 240.
Amazingly, the MiniCam5F includes a regulated dual-stage TEC that can cool the camera to a maximum of -38C below ambient. A built-in heater will help keep moisture from forming on the chamber window, but a silicon gel tube is included that will allow you to dry the chamber manually.
QHY MiniCam5F Monochrome Camera Specifications
- CMOS Sensor: Aptina MT9M034
- CMOS Size: Typical 1/3 inch
- Effective Pixels: 1280 x 960
- Pixel Size: 3.75um x 3.75um
- Readout Type: Progressive Scan
- Shutter: Electric Rolling Shutter
- Exposure Time: 10us-1800 sec
- Max Speed: 1280 x 960 30FPS, 640 x 480 106FPS
- Pixel Binning: 1x1, 2x2
- Peak QE: 74%
- AD Conversion: 8bit/12bit (output)
- Readout Clock: 48MHz/72MHz
- Readout Noise: High Gain 2e- Medium Gain 4e- Low Gain 7e-
- Full Well Capacity: 18ke-
- Optic Glass Window: AR
- Silicon Gel Socket: Yes
- Cooling: Two stage TEC
- Max Cooling: Typical -38C below ambient
- Weight(Camera only): 372g
- Power Consumption: 0% Cooling power at 3.7W, 50% Cooling Power at 11W
- Guider Interface: Not available
- USB2.0 Interface: Yes
- Built-in Color Wheel: Yes, 9 position motor driven CFW supports 12mm round mini filters