- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
QHY QHY10 One Shot Color CCD Camera
QHY10 10-Megapixel One Shot Color Camera
For Deep Space and HyperStar Imaging
- Sony ICX493AQA Interline Color CCD Sensor
- 3964 x 2712 pixels
- 6.05um pixels
- Two Stage TEC Cooling to -40C below ambient
- QE is 60%
The QHY10 is a cooled one shot color CCD camera with Sony’s APS-C-sized ICX493AQA sensor. It has 10 megapixels and the pixel size is 6.05um square.
Besides the very low thermal noise of Sony's SuperHAD technology, this sensor has a high full well feature. Even in a 6.05um square pixel, it has a full well capacity of 45ke. Which is almost double that of the ICX413 with 7.8um square pixel or the color 8300 sensors with 5.4um square pixels. The large full well capacity has the advantage of higher dynamic range. You can take longer exposures without your signal saturating, and produce better star points and color.
The QHY10 is a dedicated cooled CCD camera. Using two stage TEC, it can get as low as -40C delta T below ambient. Combined with QHYCCD cooling technology and SONY SuperHAD technology, the QHY10 gives you a clean and low noise image even in a very long exposure. The small diameter and lightweight design make this camera perfect for HyperStar imaging.
Sony ICX493AQA Sensor Specifications
- Optical Format: APS-C
- Active Pixels: 3900 x 2616
- Pixel Size: 6.05um
- Color Method: RGB BAYER film on CCD
- Effective Sensor Area: 28.4 diagonal
- Max Cooling: -40C below ambient
- ADC Resolution: 16 bit with CDS and Preamp
- ABG: -100dB
- Readout Noise: 8-10e @ 600 Kpixel/s
- System Gain: 0.7e/ADU
- Full Well Capacity: 45ke-
- Download Speed: 18 sec/4 sec for full image
- Microlensing? Yes
- USB: 2.0
- Weight: 14.1 ounces
- QE: 60% at Green, 50% at Blue and Ha