- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
QHY 163M Monochrome Cooled Camera & CFW3M-US Medium Filter Wheel Kit - QHY163M-CFW3M-US
QHY163M Cooled CMOS Astronomy Camera
The QHY163M camera is a cooled USB 3.0 monochrome imaging camera that is great for both planetary and deep sky. This CMOS astronomy camera sports a 16 MP CMOS sensor made up of 3.8um pixels housed in a sealed chamber that is heated to prevent dew from building up on the sensor or window. This ColdMOS, or cooled CMOS, sensor has an effective pixel array of 4656 x 3522 in a 4/3 format. This sensor has extremely low read noise of 1.2e (high gain) and has a maximum of 22.5 FPS at full resolution and 4K UHD video capability.The QHY163M camera has a two-stage TEC cooling and temperature regulation system that can cool your camera down to as low as -40C below ambient. QHY has also incorporated anti-dew technology into the QHY163 camera. The CMOS chamber is fully sealed, and includes a silicon gel tube socket as well as a heater to help keep both your sensor and the sensor window dry, even on damp nights. A built-in 128MB DDRII image buffer provides a safeguard in this CMOS astronomy camera against unexpected drops in data transmission. A frame buffer avoids lost frames during USB transfer by storing image data in the camera itself until it can be safely transmitted. Buffering will also make sure your video runs more smoothly when using a slower computer that cannot always handle high speed data well. The QHY163M camera has an anti-amp light control circuit to reduce amplifier glow significantly. Ports include a 6-pin RJ11 Guide Port and a 4-pin CFW2 Filter Wheel Port, allowing you to add an optional autoguider or filter wheel to enhance your imaging experience with this CMOS astronomy camera.
QHY163M Camera Specifications
- CMOS Sensor: 4/3 inch 16 megapixel CMOS Sensor
- Color or Monochrome: Monochrome
- Effective Pixels: 4656 x 3522
- Pixel Size: 3.8 µm x 3.8 µm
- Effective Area: 17.7mm x 13.4mm
- Shutter: Electric Rolling Shutter
- Full Well Capacity: Typical 18-20ke
- Readout Noise: 2.4e@low gain, 1e@high gain
- Frame Rate 8 bit:
- 22.5 FPS @ 16 mega full resolution
- 30 FPS @ 4K HD Video
- 57 FPS @ 1920 x 1080
- 60 FPS @ 1280 x 1024
- 80 FPS @ 1024 x 768
- 100 fps @ 800 x 600
- ROI Support: Yes. Any Area ROI
- Exposure Time: 50 µs-1800 sec
- AD Sample Depth: 10bit/12bit (8bit/12bit output)
- On Camera Image Buffer: Yes, 128MB DDRII Buffer
- Cooling: 2-stage TEC, Typical -40 below Ambient, Temperature Regulated
- Power: USB Powered for camera and +12V powered for TEC
- Anti Dew Control: Air Connector for removable silicon gel tube. Heat board for optic window of sealed CCD chamber
- Computer Interface: USB3.0 Super Speed
- Telescope Interface: M42/0.75 & 2" adapter. Optional C-mount adapter
- Color Wheel Port: 4PIN QHYCFW2 socket
- Guide Port: 6PIN RJ11 Guide Port
- Optic Window: AR+AR
- Weight: 15.87 oz.
- Electric Interface: 12V input with lock, USB3.0 socket, 4PIN QHYCFW, 6PIN RJ11
QHY CFW3 Medium Color Filter Wheel - Ultra Slim Version
Ultra slim QHY Medium Color Filter Wheel with seven (7) positions for 36 mm filters, or five (5) positions for either 2" or 50 mm filters. Because this is the ultra thin model, maximum thickness for mounted filters, excluding filter thread height, is 5.5 mm. This third generation filter wheel, with its revolutionary ultra thin hybrid stepper motor drive, offers fully automatic filter switching. Other features include a friction drive for zero backlash during operation, and the ability to switch between fast serial and USB communication modes. Finally, the CFW3M-US filter wheel boasts an eye-catching CNC-machined aluminum external finish.
Filter wheel image shows two separate versions of the QHY Medium Filter Wheel. If you purchase this item, you will receive the thinner model.