- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
QHY QHY29 USB2.0 Monochrome CCD Camera - QHY29
QHY QHY29 USB2.0 Monochrome CCD Camera
The QHY29 camera is a full frame CCD that uses the Truesense CCD KAI-29050. While having a full size 35 mm format, 36 mm x 24 mm, a high resolution of the 16 MP sensor, and the high cooling capability, this camera is still compact and lighter than other camera systems that use the same sensor. A highlight of this camera is the interline transfer CCDs. This includes an electronic shutter, antiblooming protection, and a cylindrical body shape. All of these features gives this camera a small footprint when put in front of the optics of a reflecting telescope. This means that the camera is great for f/2 Hyperstar and Schmidt Cameras like RASA telescopes and other main focus systems.
QHY29 Camera Ports
Included with this camera is a built-in USB2.0 Hub and dual USB to RS232 converter. On the back of the camera there are external triggers in and out. Though not included, a guiding camera, mount, and electric focuser can all connect to the camera. Only one USB cable is needed to control the whole system, and the power socket has a threaded locking collar. The 3-pin aviation socket RS232 port along with the locking collar makes this system stable and solid. There is also a 4-pin color wheel port that supports QHY color filter wheels.
The cooling system in this camera consists of a 2-Stage TE cooling design. It can cool to -45C below ambient. This cooling technology reduces the dark current and eliminates the problem of thermal noise during long exposures. With a sealed chamber, desiccant tube connector, and a heated chamber window, this camera comes complete with a full anti-dew system.
- Sensor: KAI-29050 CCD
- Pixel Size: 5.5 μm x 5.5 μm
- Effective Image Area: 36.17 x 24.11 mm
- Resolution: 6644 x 4452
- Effective Pixels: 29 MP
- AD Sample Depth: 16-bit
- Sensor Size: Full Frame Size
- Readout Noise: 9e-
- Fullwell: 20ke-
- Color/Monochrome: Monochrome
- Dark Current: 0.005e-/pixel/sec @-15C
- Shutter: Electric Global Shutter
- Computer Interface: USB2.0
- Cooling System: Dual Stage TeC (-45C Below Ambient)