- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
QHY QHY5III174 USB 3.0 Monochrome CMOS Imaging Camera - QHY5III174M
QHY QHY5III174 Monochrome CMOS Camera
The QHY5III174 CMOS USB 3.0 camera is made to be a superb instrument for planetary, lunar, solar and meteor capture video. Sony came out with their new Pregius™ global shutter (GS) CMOS imaging technology that transforms GS CMOS imaging and gives users fast frame rates along with imaging performance similar to that provided by a CCD sensor. This technology allows for higher quantum efficiency, as well as reduced dark noise for higher gains without losing any image quality. The global shutter gets rid of pixelization encountered during planetary or lunar imaging produced by atmospheric agitation and high frame rates.
The attachment of a separately sold 50 mm f/1.4 C-mount Lens enables the capture of stars as faint as magnitude 9 at 30 fps while recording live video. High sensitivity and HD resolution help take video astronomy to greater heights.
QHY's unique construction maintains the 1.25" eyepiece design. A major plus of this design is a more effective heat transfer to the exterior case for lower noise specifically in high ambient temperatures. The 1.25" design also optimizes this camera for Off-Axis guiding by providing the shortest possible back focus. Furthermore, the QHY5III174 uses the LEMO style connector for the guide port LEMO connectors are known for being tough as well as dependable.
The QHY5III174 CMOS Camera is also available in a color version. This camera is well-equipped for solar imaging with short focal length telescopes that absorb the full solar disk within the field of view.
QHY QHY5III174 Monochrome CMOS Camera Specifications
- CMOS Sensor: Sony IMX174 Exmor CMOS color sensor
- Imager Size: Standard 1/1.2"
- Effective Pixels: 1936 x 1216 (2.35 MP)
- Effective Area: 11.34 mm x 7.13 mm
- Pixel Size: 5.86 µm x 5.86 µm
- Readout Type: Progressive Scan
- Full Well Capacity: >32 Ke
- Peak QE: 78%
- Readout Noise: 5.3e@Gain0, 2.8e@Gain60, 1.6e@Gain100
- System Gain: 0.46e-/ADU@Gain0
- Anti-amplight Control: Yes (Reduces the amplight considerably)
- Shutter: Global Shutter
- Max Frame Rate (8 bit): 138FPS@1936x1216, 260FPS@960x600, 490FPS@480x300
- ADC Sample Depth: 10bit/12bit, Output: 8bit/12bit
- Exposure Time: 5 µs - 900 seconds
- Pixel Binning: 1x1, 2x2
- MicroLens: Yes, onchip micro lens array
- Guide Port: Yes, 5pin Lemo aviation socket
- Back Focus: Approx. 11 mm
- Camera Size: 1.25" eyepiece size (diameter=31.6 mm)
- Optic Window: AR+AR
- Support Software: ASCOM, SharpCAP