- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
QHY QHY5III178 USB 3.0 Monochrome CMOS Imaging Camera - QHY5III178M
QHY QHY5III178 Monochrome CMOS Camera
The QHY5III178 has the highest resolution of all QHY's new QHY5III series CMOS USB 3.0 imaging cameras. Its tiny 2.4 µm pixel size and 1/1.8" larger sensor size contribute to both getting high precision guiding data, and to keep an acceptable field of view to attain many guide stars. The QHY5III178 is designed for wide FOV autoguiding as well as high resolution planetary imaging. It can also be used as an introduction to imaging deep sky objects. The QHY5III178 camera features anti-amp glow control for substantially reducing amplifier glow when using it for deep sky applications.
The QHY5III178 uses Sony's StarVis BSI image sensor. STARVIS, a trademark of Sony Corporation, features back-illuminated pixel technology used in CMOS sensors when performing highly sensitive functions. This 6.0 mega pixel sensor has a sensitivity of 2000 mV or more per 1 µm^2 (color product, when imaging with a 706 cd/m2 light source, f/5.6 in 1 s accumulation equivalent), and attains exceptional picture quality in the visible as well as near infrared light regions.
QHY's unique construction maintains the 1.25" eyepiece format. Lower noise especially in high ambient temperatures due to a more productive heat transfer to the exterior case is an important advantage of the QHY5III178 design. The 1.25" format also optimizes this camera for Off-Axis guiding by providing the shortest possible back focus. In addition, the QHY5III178 uses the LEMO style connector for the guide port. LEMO connectors are famous for their toughness and reliability.
QHY QHY5III178 Mono CMOS Camera Specifications
- CMOS Sensor: Sony IMX178 Starvis ExmorR CMOS monochrome sensor
- Imager Size: 1/1.8
- Effective Pixels: 3072 x 2048 (6 MP)
- Effective Area: 7.37 mm x 4.91 mm
- Pixel Size: 2.4 µm x 2.4 µm
- Readout Type: Progressive Scan
- Full Well Capacity: 15ke-
- Readout Noise: 2.4e - 0.9e
- Anti-amplight Control: Yes (Reduces the amplight substantially)
- Shutter: Rolling Shutter
- Max Frame Rate: 50FPS @full resolution; 100FPs@1528*1024; 190FPS@764*512
- ADC Sample Depth: 10/14bit; Output 8bit/14bit
- Exposure Time: 9 µs - 1200 seconds
- Pixel Binning: 1x1, 2x2
- MicroLens: Yes, onchip micro lens array
- Guide Port: Yes, 5pin Lemo aviation socket
- Back Focus: Approx. 11 mm
- Camera Size: 1.25" eyepiece size (diameter=31.6 mm)
- Optic Window: AR+AR
- Support Software: ASCOM, SharpCAP