- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
QHY QHY5L-II Color CMOS Planetary Camera & Autoguider - QHY5L-IIC
QHY QHY5L-II Series Cameras
QHYCCD followed up the success of the QHY5 Guiding Camera by introducing its newest series of Planetary & Guiding Cameras, the QHY5-II. These cameras advance the data transfer speed all the way to the maximum USB 2.0 data rate of 39 MB per second, 30 FPS @ 1280x1024, or 1280x960 on current computer systems, and hundreds of frames per second in particular ROI modes.
QHY5-II cameras fit in a common 1.25" eyepiece adapter and feature an adjustable location ring for confocal imaging with an eyepiece. Optimal for use as a light weight auto guider. The QHY5-II comes in a compact yet robust package. It has an improved thermal design that enables the heat produced by the CMOS sensor to be moved externally to the telescope's eyepiece tube.
This QHY5-II camera is equipped with both Native WDM and Broadcast WDM drivers. This means you can also utilize this camera as a superior, high-performance webcam for capturing video or presenting a live video broadcast to show off your astronomy images to your friends in real time!
QHY QHY5L-II Color CMOS Camera & Autoguider
As with all QHY5-II cameras, the QHY5L-II sports high sensitivity and low noise. Many have found the image quality of the QHY5L-II to equal or even surpass that of cameras with a ICX618 sensor. Readout noise is incredibly low - as few as four electrons. The QHY5L-II contains a Aptina MT9M034 sensor with on-chip FPN (Fixed Pattern Noise) calibration capability, fixing one of the primary drawbacks of CMOS technology for images that are clear and consistent, even under high gain. With these assets, the QHY5L-II offers excellent image quality for imaging planets, deep-sky objects or for autoguiding. Also available in monochrome.
With a frame rate range of between 30 and 200 frames, the QHY5L-II camera is an instrument best suited for capturing planetary images. Although high frame rates help reduce the amount of atmospheric agitation that influences the image, they also result in short exposure times.
The QHY5L-II also makes achieving high resolution lunar images a simple task. Image stacking will result in highly detailed images of the lunar surface.
Deep Sky Imaging
Even though the QHY5L-II is not a cooled camera, it still has the capacity to take bright images of deep sky objects. This is especially true of small galaxies and planetary nebulae. Ordinarily, this can be done via short exposures and large quantity stacking. You may have to enable EZPlanetary's auto-dark frame subtract function to get concurrent dark frame calibration to eliminate the thermal noise on images with long exposure times. Please note you will need to reload the auto-dark frame calibration if you have altered the gain or exposure time.
The QHY5L-II is an acclaimed autoguiding camera. In 2015, QHY came out with a miniGuideScope made specifically for QHY5L-II cameras. This can be found in the accessories section. The QHY5L-II is compact and lightweight, making it the perfect camera component of an ultra portable guide system. The monochrome version has a 74% high QE and you can locate the guidestar anywhere.
Aptina MT9M034 Sensor Specifications
- Optical Format: 1/3 inch
- Sensor Size: 4.83mm x 3.63mm
- Active Pixels: 1280 x 960
- Pixel Size: 3.75 µm x 3.75 µm
- Shutter Type: Electronic Rolling
- Max Frame Rate: 30 FPS progressive scan
- ADC Resolution: 14-bit, on chip, 8-bit/12-bit output
- Dynamic Range: >115 dB
- Binning: 1*1
- Exposure Min & Max: 20 µs - 10 minutes
- QE: 51%@blue, 52%@green, 57%@red
Image depicts an orange version of the QHY5L-II Color CMOS Camera & Autoguider, which comes standard in silver.