- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
QHY QHY5P-IIM Monochrome CMOS Planetary Camera & Autoguider
QHY5P-IIM Monochrome CMOS Camera
For Planetary, Lunar, and Ha Solar Imaging
- Aptina 1/2” MT9P031 CMOS Sensor
- 2592 x 1944 pixels
- Super small pixel size of 2.2um
- USB and ST4 interface
- QE of 63%
The QHY5P-II is the size of a 1.25” eyepiece and sports the 5 megapixel high resolution Aptina MT9P031 monochrome CMOS sensor. The very small 2.2um pixels result in high magnification without requiring the use of a Barlow lens. The sensor's on-chip FPN (Fixed Pattern Noise) calibration function keeps the image clear and uniform even under high gain.
The QHY5P-II also offers high speed data transfer performance. It can achieve 7 FPS at full resolution and 63 FPS at 640 x 480. This frame rate is quite good for planetary capture.
This little camera is perfect for imaging with the Coronado PST. The design allows the QHY5P-IIM to be inserted into the eyepiece holder of the PST, solving any confocal issues that might take place with other imaging cameras.
Aptina MT9P031 Sensor Specifications
- Optical Format: 1/2 inch
- Chip Size: 5.7 mm x 4.28 mm
- Active Pixels: 2592 x 1944
- Pixel Size: 2.2um
- Shutter Type: Electronic Rolling
- Max Frame Rate: 7 FPS progressive scan
- ADC Resolution: 12-bit, on chip, 8-bit/12-bit output
- Dynamic Range: >67.74 dB
- Binning: 1*1, 2*2
- Exposure Min & Max: 20us - 1 minute
- QE: 63% peak