- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
QHY QHY90A Monochrome CCD Camera with 7-Position Color Filter Wheel - QHY90A
QHY QHY90A Monochrome CCD Camera
The QHY90A employs the well-known 4/3" 8.6 mp KAF8300 CCD sensor found in several astronomy camera models.
Fully Integrated "A" Series Camera
Belonging to QHY's new "A" series "ALL-IN-ONE" camera family, the QHY90A incorporates a motor-driven 7-position color filter wheel for unmounted 36 mm filters, as well as a butterfly-shaped mechanical shutter for consistent illumination. It also offers native support for the QHY OAG-S Off-Axis Guider, which is sold separately. The QHY90A has six M3 screw holes for solid OAG installation while taking up minimal back focus.
"A" series cameras have more to offer in addition to the filter wheel and OAG support. An internal USB 2.0 hub offers two USB host ports and a USB to dual RS232 converter for attaching guide cameras, mounts and electric focusers directly to the camera without having to use a computer. Instead of multiple long cables leading to clutter and the possibility of signal loss, with the QHY90A, you need only one USB cable.
Butterfly Shutter - Virtually Unlimited Life and Uniform Illumination
The QHY90A camera uses a mechanical shutter in the shape of a butterfly that is directly motor driven. This shutter is only one component and does not cause friction to other components. It has a virtually unlimited operating life to go with a uniform illumination feature. This shutter is also double sided to cover the light, one side to open the shutter, the other to close the shutter.
12V Power Socket
This camera is powered by a single 12V socket. This power socket connects with DC plugs using thread lock for a reliable connection. An additional socket connected with the input in parallel is also available to provide the 12V of power to any external device within reach.
QHY QHY90A Monochrome CCD Camera Specifications
- CCD Sensor: KAF8300 Mono, Standard Grade
- Effective Pixels: 3358 x 2536 (8.6 mega pixels)
- Pixel Size: 5.4 µm x 5.4 µm
- Effective Area: 17.96 mm x 13.52 mm (Typical 4/3")
- Readout Type: Full Frame CCD, Progressive Scan
- Full Well Capacity: >25.5ke
- Anti-Blooming Gate: Yes, 100x
- ADC: 16bit
- Readout Noise: Typical 9 e-
- Binning Modes: 1x1, 2x2, 4x4
- Minimum Exposure Time: 0.001 seconds
- Maximum Exposure Time: 10,000 seconds
- TEC: 2 stage
- Cooling: Typical -45º below ambient
- Shutter: Butterfly mechanical shutter with uniform illumination
- Moisture Control: Air Connector for removable silicon gel tube. Heat board for optic window of airproof CCD chamber.
- Filter Wheel: Built-in 7-position for 36 mm unmounted filters
- OAG Interface: Six M3 screw holes for QHYOAG
- Telescope Interface: M42/0.75 inner screw
- Power Consumption: 0% cooling 8W; 50% cooling 16.5W; 100% cooling 27W
- Weight: 3 lbs.