- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
QSI 690WSG Cooled Monochrome CCD Camera with Internal 5-Position Color Filter Wheel
QSI 690wsg Cooled Monochrome CCD Camera
Buy this Camera & Get a Filter Set for 50% Off! For a limited time, when you buy any new monochrome Atik or QSI camera (except the Atik LP) you will be eligible to purchase your choice of one Atik LRGB or Narrowband Filter Set at a substantially discounted price! If you are interested in this offer, put an eligible camera into your shopping cart and then visit the Atik Filter Sets page to choose your discounted filter set. Remember, you must have a new Atik or QSI mono camera in your shopping cart in order to take advantage of this offer. We will cancel any orders that do not follow these rules. Thanks.The 690wsg, as with all QSI 600 series cameras, delivers up to 8 MHz dual read rates with high speed USB 2.0 and full 16-bit output for superior quality images featuring high frame rates, exceptionally wide dynamic range, excellent linearity, and extremely low noise. Regulated cooling down to over 45ºC, or 50ºC with an optional Liquid Heat Exchanger, is achieved via custom two-stage TEC. All QSI 600 Series cameras utilize High Speed USB 2.0 port (USB 1.1 compatible) for connection to the host computer and imaging application software. Read and transfer time for an entire 2048 x 2048 image frame is typically approximately 1/2 second in High Speed mode and less than 7 seconds in High Quality mode. The frame rate can be further increased by reading just a portion of the image (ROI) or with flexible on-chip binning. These compact QSI 600 Series cameras provide outstanding image performance with incredible power efficiency in an attractive package. Several upgrade options help to protect your investment. Your highest expectations will be easily surpassed by the sophisticated engineering and impressive fit, finish and attention to detail displayed by this camera.
QSI 690wsg Monochrome CCD Camera Features
Sony ICX814 CCD Sensor: This QSI 690wsg camera incorporates the Sony ExView ICX814 interline transfer CCD image sensor featuring micro lens technology as well as anti-blooming protection. The Sony ICX814 contains 3.69 µm x 3.69 µm pixels in a 3388 x 2712 active imaging array for high resolution. Image size is 12.48 mm x 9.98 mm. With a peak quantum efficiency of 77% at 560 nm and remarkably low dark current, the ICX814 offers outstanding sensitivity across the visual band.Mechanical Shutter: The QSI 690wsg includes an electronic shutter as well as a mechanical shutter. The mechanical shutter is not used to actually make the exposure when operating with an interline transfer CCD. This is still the electronic shutter's job. The mechanical shutter covers the CCD and streamlines Dark and Bias frame creation for future image processing. WSG Body & Integrated Filter Wheel: To accommodate both an internal 5-position color filter wheel and an integrated guide port, this QSI 600 series camera uses a WSG body. Constructed of CNC machined aircraft grade aluminum, the QSI 690wsg camera body was engineered with extensive use of advanced CAD-CAM design tools. Elegantly finished anodized body components are built using corrosion resistant stainless steel hardware throughout. Filter wheel accepts standard threaded 1.25" filters*. Integrated Guide Port (IGP): The Integrated Guider Port in the QSI 690wsg functions by diverting part of the light from your main telescope to a separate guide camera attached to the otp of the WSG cover using a pick-off prism. The Integrated Guider Port solves a number of the problems associated with other common guiding solutions. In one of the images to your left you will see a camera with the red arrows that represent the portion of the light redirected to the guide camera. The light enters the camera, strikes the pick-off prism positioned in front of the built-in 5-position color filter wheel and is reflected upward at 90 degree angle into the guide camera attached on top. By picking off the light for guiding from in front of the filters and mechanical shutter, you’re able to utilize all the light from your guide star for guiding. No light is lost by first passing through a red, green blue or narrowband filter, guaranteeing the highest possible signal to noise ratio (SNR) for your guide stars. You can guide even while the shutter is closed. The pick-off prism measures 1/2" square and is ideally positioned near the internal filter wheel just outside of the main sensor's field of view. This enables support of large sensor guide cameras while prohibiting any vignetting of the main sensor even when very fast optical systems are involved. High Quality Read Mode: High Quality (HQ) Read Mode enables the lowest possible noise but also requires more time to read the image from the sensor. With High Speed (HS) Read Noise, the sensor image is read at a 8 million pixels per second (8 MHz) rate, supporting up to 15 fps frame rates based on the camera model, ROI, and binning. USB 2.0 and Full 16-Bit Output: Full 16-bit per pixel depth enables very smooth color and gray scale transitions and the lowest noise. Selectable ROI and Binning: Every QSI camera features selectable Region of Interest (ROI) and binning for high flexibility in framing your subject. Output Hardware Trigger: QSI cameras are able to produce a hardware signal from the Control Port to generate an external event such as a strobe. Regulated Cooling: Cooling the CCD is essential for successful long exposure imaging. Sensor cooling dramatically reduces the dark current and resulting thermal noise in an image and makes long exposures practical. QSI 600 Series cameras use a very efficient thermo-electric cooler (TEC) which relies on the 'Peltier Effect' to cool the CCD. When power is applied to a TEC, one side of the device gets cold and other side gets hot, essentially pumping heat from the cold side to the hot side. All QSI 600 Series cameras employ a two-stage TEC to increase the differential cooling effect. The more power applied to the TEC, the greater the differential cooling and the colder the CCD can get. The heat pumped from the CCD, as well as the power dissipated by the TEC, creates a significant amount of excess heat that must be removed from the camera. The back of a QSI 600 Series camera acts as a large heatsink with cooling fins machined directly into the body. Two automatically controlled cooling fans force air through these fins. The movement of air through the cooling fins greatly increases the amount of heat removed from the camera. Keep in mind that the lowest temperature that the CCD can be cooled is limited by the ambient air temperature and the speed of the cooling fans. Achieving very low temperatures is easy when imaging outdoors during cooler weather. If it is particularly cold you may not even need to turn the fans on, but if it is too warm you may need the help of Liquid-Assisted Cooling, which is available optionally. Power Efficiency: One of the defining features of the 600 Series cameras is power efficiency. A fully configured WS camera operates from a single 12v DC supply and consumes less than 24 watts at full cooling, with both fans at maximum and the filter wheel moving. Other camera model configurations have power consumption as low as 5 watts. Included with each camera is an approved 12 volt DC power supply with an input voltage range of 90-240V, 50-60HZ. Notification: All QSI 600 Series cameras offer both visual and audible notification. Various states of camera operation are indicated by a multi-color LED status display. Indicator behavior can be modified or disabled entirely by the user. Aural feedback of camera operation and status is provided by a unique internal beeper. As with the visual display, this beeper can be modified or disabled by user command.
QSI 690wsg Monochrome CCD Camera Specifications
- Body Type: Integrated Guider Port Enclosure
- Shutter: Mechanical (Sensor has electronic shutter)
- Minimum Exposure: 0.03 seconds
- Maximum Exposure: 240 minutes
- Integrated Filter Wheel: 5-position 1.25"; 31 mm upgrade is available
- Integrated Guide Port: Yes
- Dimensions: 4.45" width x 4.45" height" x 3.08" depth
- Weight: 46 oz.
- Thermoelectric CCD Cooling: Temperature regulation +/- 0.1°C, @ 0°C to -40°C CCD temperature
- Cooling in Free Air, Fans @ Full Speed: Typically 40°C below ambient air with 85% cooling power
- Liquid Cooling (Optional) - Fans Off: Typically 45°C below circulating liquid with 85% cooling power (adds 0.75" to camera depth)
- Cooling Fan Control: Intelligent, user configurable
- Read Rate: User selectable High Quality mode at 800 KHz, High Speed mode at 8 MHz
- Camera Gain: User selectable High Gain 0.13 e-/ADU (default), Low Gain 0.28 e-/ADU
- Digital Resolution: 16 bits in both High Quality and High Speed modes
- Total System Read Noise: <4 electrons RMS (typically <3.5 e- RMS, CCD specification limited) in High Quality mode (typically <7 e- RMS (CCD specification limited) in High Speed mode
- Pixel Dark Current: <0.002 electrons per second at -10°C
- Full Image Read and Download Time: Typically <16 seconds (host computer dependent) in High Quality Mode (800 KHz), <2 seconds in High Speed Mode (8 MHz), Image download times will be reduced with binning and/or subframe (ROI)
- Binning Modes: Symmetrical and Asymmetrical binning up to 9 pixels horizontally or vertically
- Status and Notification: User configurable multi-color LED status indicator and multifunction audible beeper. Over-temperature and high/low voltage alarms.
- Power Consumption: 12v, 2A (24 watts) at max cooling, max fans and filter moving (25 AC watts max with included 90-240V AC power supply)
- Operating Environment: Temperature: -20°C to 30°C, Humidity 10% to 90% non-condensing
- Computer Connectivity: USB 2.0 High Speed (USB 1.1 compatible)
- Other Ports: Optically isolated 4-channel control port for telescope guiding or input/output shutter trigger (See API Reference Manual for details)
- Included T-Mount Adapter: 42x0.75 mm t-thread
- Nosepiece; T-Mount Adapter to 2"
Sony ICX814 Sensor Specifications
- CCD Sensor: Sony ICX814 monochrome
- CCD Architecture: Interline Transfer
- Microlens: Yes
- Anti-blooming: Yes - 800x suppression
- Imager Size: 12.48 mm x 9.98 mm
- Pixel Array (Active): 3388 x 2712
- Pixel Size: 3.69 µm square
- Full Well Depth: 18,000 e-
- Absolute Quantum Efficiency Peak: 77% at 550 nm
- Pixel Dark Current: <0.002 electrons per second at -10°C
- Intrinsic Read Noise: 3.1 electrons RMS
- Dynamic Range: 75 db
Available Upgrades: All of the upgrades listed below can be found in the "Accessories" section. Please make sure to add them to your cart, along with this camera, in order to take advantage of the savings. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact a member of the High Point team by chat, email, or phone. Thanks. 1. Camera control software is not included with this camera, since many people already have software they prefer. If you do not purchase the Maxim LE upgrade at the time of camera purchase ($149), you will need to have your own camera control software. 2. *You can upgrade to a 5-Position Filter Wheel that accepts 31 mm unmounted filters for $50 as long as you make this choice at the same time you purchase your camera. If you opt for the standard 1.25" filter wheel now but decide to use 31 mm unmounted filters at a later time, you will need to purchase the appropriate retaining screws to accommodate the depth of your filters, and doing so will allow the standard filter wheel to accept 31mm unmounted filters. 3. This camera has standard t-threads on the faceplate, and comes with a T-mount adapter and a 2" nosepiece. If you need 2.156" threads, with a 2.156 adapter and 2" nosepiece, you can upgrade at the time of your camera purchase for $149, which saves you $100 over buying the 2.156" camera mounting package at a later time.