- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Starlight Xpress Trius CSX-304 USB Hub CMOS Camera - Mono - 100-0062
Trius CSX-304 USB Hub CMOS Monochrome Camera
Starlight Xpress knows how to deliver a great camera to those astrophotographers looking for fast planetary imaging.
CMOS cameras are quickly rising to the ranks as a great camera available to astrophotographers. As technology progresses, the Quantum Efficiencies are starting to rival those of the traditional CCDs, and the read-noise figures are extremely low, even lower than some of the Starlight Xpress CCD cameras.
For those looking for the best camera for fast planetary imaging, the CMOS camera is the dominant sensor. However, many CMOS cameras suffer from amplifier glow, which becomes a problem for deep sky imaging. Starlight Xpress, however, decided to beat the virtually impossible task of eliminating the amplifier glow without manipulating the data. After months of the working, Starlight Xpress has designed this camera with the capability of taking up to 15-minute exposures with minimal glow, and the raw data is maintained while doing so. Starlight Xpress has called this their "No Glow Technology" and even Sony has asked them how they did it!
This Trius series camera included the built-in USB hub in the camera. Each of the three USB ports deliver 200mA. This USB3.0 hub integration allows for filter wheels and guide cameras (not included) to be connected directly to the camera, rather than the computer. This means that there are fewer cable trails leading to the computer and there is less potential for the cables tangling around the mount.
The cooling system for the Trius CMOS cameras have also been improved by incorporating the 3 stage Peltier cooler combinations. This cooling system and the Argon-filled sensor chamber ensures that this camera delivers great cooling to the sensors.
- Sensor: IMX304
- Color or Monochrome: Monochrome
- Pixel Array: 4096 x 3000
- Pixel Size: 3.45uM x 3.45uM
- Sensor Dimensions HxV: 14.13mm x 10.35mm
- Full Well Depth: >11K
- Computer Interface: Built-in USB 3.0
- Read Noise: 3e-
- Dimensions: 75 mm diameter x 70 mm length
- Data Format: 12 bit
- QE: 62%
- Weight: 1 lb