- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Starlight Xpress Trius Pro 25C USB Hub CCD Camera - Color - 100-0067
Starlight Xpress Trius Pro 25C USB Hub CCD Camera - Color
The Trius Pro 25C Color CCD Camera from Starlight Xpress is great for astrophotographers working with wide field, deep-sky imaging. It is part of the SONY OCX 1" format sensor series offered in the Starlight Xpress Trius Pro cameras. Refractors and DSLR camera lenses would benefit greatly from this fantastic color CCD camera!
The CCD chamber is purged with Argon gas to keep the chamber moisture free, and the AR coated fused silica window sits at the front of the camera. The Trius Pro 25C camera also has a built-in USB hub to aid in driving the guide camera and filter wheel (not included).
One of the best features of the Trius Pro cameras come from its ability to produce better read-noise figures, 7-e, than many CMOS cameras. When considering the high QE at 60%, the delta cooling of approximately -45°C, the 16bit data, and the great full well depth figures, this CCD camera is innovative and ready aid astroimagers with their deep sky needs.
A complete powered USB hub is incorporated into the Trius, which offers 3 x USB 2.0 ports at the rear of the camera. Each port is capable of delivering up to 200mA, allowing you to drive a Lodestar, SuperStar or CoStar for guiding while leaving another two USB ports for a USB filter wheel and one other peripheral. This integration greatly reduces the number of cable trails back to the computer and gives less potential for cables tangling around the mount during your imaging session.
The Starlight Xpress Trius camera provides multiple inputs and outputs. The main control connections to the camera are the USB2.0 socket that controls the camera from the computer and the +12v DC jack socket which provides power (approximately 1.25Amps at 12v DC). In addition, there is an RJ11 Guider Port output that is opto-isolated and will drive any standard active- low guider input via the RJ11 telephone lead provided. The remaining sockets are three Mini-5pin USB2.0 sockets that can be used to power up to three different USB devices, such as a Lodestar Autoguider, an SX USB Filter Wheel or a focuser. Each USB port is capable of providing 5v DC at a maximum of 200mA.
The Trius cooling system is designed for the most efficient cooling possible in a small compact package. The Trius cameras are fitted with a new Peltier cooler configuration to give approximately -40C delta T. A built-in fan at the rear of the camera draws air in through small holes in the front of the barrel (which increases the surface area to aid the convection), through the heat sink (where all the heat is generated), and expels it out of the rear of the camera. An additional fan is fitted to the side, just to help keep the external body at the ambient temperature during warmer weather. Set- Point Cooling as standard.
The Starlight Xpress Trius cameras have dry argon injected into the CCD chamber to ensure there is no moisture to condense on the CCD during the cooling process. The low thermal conductivity of argon also helps with the cooling process, allowing a lower delta T to be achieved. This also keeps moisture out of the chamber.
- Sensor: ICX453; SONY ICX 1” format sensor series
- Color or Monochrome: Color
- Grade: 1 or better
- Pixel Array: 3024 x 2016
- Pixel Size: 7.8uM
- Sensor Dimensions HxV: 23.4 mm x 15.6 mm
- Quantum Efficiency: 60% peak
- Full Well Depth: >25K
- Data Format: 16 bits
- System Gain: 0.4 e per ADU
- Computer Interface: Built-in USB 2.0
- Image Download Time: 3.5 seconds full resolution using USB2.0
- Cooling: Two stage thermoelectric, regulated, min temp of -40C below ambient
- Dimensions: 75 mm diameter x 70 mm length
- Mount Thread: 42 mm T2 thread
- Weight: 0.9920802 lb