- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Starlight Xpress Trius Pro-814 CCD Camera Combi with SXMDFW-1T Midi Filter Wheel and Lodestar X2 - 100-0075
Starlight Xpress 7x1.25 Midi Filter Wheel Combi with Trius Pro-814 Camera and Lodestar X2
Trius Pro-814 CCD Imaging Camera Design & Features
Like the previous Trius series, all Starlight Xpress Trius Pro cameras, including this 814 model, incorporate a USB 2.0 hub located at the rear. This design enables the filter wheel and guide camera to be connected to the camera directly, thereby reducing the required number of computer cables. The Trius Pro series builds upon that concept for improved functionality.
Compared to most CMOS cameras, the Trius Pro 814 CCD Camera's interior electronics provide lower read noise figures (when used at unity gain) and faster downloads. With its impressive cooling capability, the Trius Pro 814 produces considerably better dark-noise figures, and also has 16bit data. Calibration frames are optional instead of mandatory with this new design. No more dark frames!
- Lower read-noise than CMOS cameras
- High QE
- Ultra-low Dark Current
- Argon-filled CCD chamber
- Built-in powered USB hub
- Front plate can be collimated
- Faster download speed
- Compact and lightweight
Sony ICX814 Monochrome CCD Imaging Sensor
Consisting of 3.69 µm pixels in a 3388 x 2712 active image array, the Sony ExView ICX814 interline transfer CCD image sensor utilized by the Starlight Xpress Trius Pro 814 provides enhanced resolution in addition to microlens technology and antiblooming protection. Image size is 12.48 mm x 9.98 mm. With a peak quantum efficiency of 77% at 560 nm and exceptionally low dark current, the ICX814 sensor offers superior sensitivity over the visual spectrum.
SXMDFW-1T Midi Filter Wheel with 7 Positions for 1.25" Filters
The Starlight Xpress MIDI is the most recently developed entry in a series of well-received USB filter wheels. Requires only one USB cable for both power and control. In addition, while optimally suited for use with either the Lodestar X2 or Ultrastar guide camera, the built-in Slimline Off-Axis Guider is also suitable for use with other autoguider brands.
The combination of this MIDI Filter Wheel and the Starlight Xpress Trius Pro 814 CCD camera generates 55 mm of total back focus distance, ideal for many refractors with focal reducers/flatteners. On the camera side, a male T-thread input adapter is useful for attaching alternative brand cameras, while the telescope side contains female T-threads for use with the M48 female adapter included with this filter wheel.
Lodestar X2 Autoguider
The Starlight Xpress Lodestar X2 is a very compact guider which is powered and operated via a single USB2.0 computer connection. The Lodestar X2 also provides an opto-isolated output connection for direct control of most mounts via their Autoguider sockets. This output is compatible with the ST4 style of RJ12 connection and supplies 4 pull down direction lines and a common return. Alternatively, you may send the mount control signals via a serial connection from the guider control computer. The LodeStar X2 includes a USB cable and an ST4 cable.
The SX Lodestar X2 utilizes a very sensitive Sony ‘ExView’ CCD (the ICX829) with an array of 752 x 582 pixels in a ‘half-inch’ format. Although the chip is not cooled, it has a very low dark signal and very little readout noise, so it can be used to guide on faint stars that are beyond the reach of webcams and CMOS chip based guide cameras. Because of the high sensitivity and high dynamic range characteristics of the Sony ICX829, the Starlight Xpress Lodestar X2 makes a superb electronic finder and planetary imaging camera as well as a splendid autoguider!
- Sensor: Sony ICX829 EXview HAD CCD
- Transfer Method: Interline
- Image Size: 8 mm Diagonal, Type 1/2
- Total Pixel Array: 795 x 596
- Effective Pixels: 752 x 582
- Total Effective Pixels: 440K
- Pixel Size: 8.2 µm x 8.4 µm
- Computer Interface: Built-in USB 2.0 compatible interface
- Image Download Time: Typically 0.2 seconds at full resolution using USB 2.0
- Power Requirements: USB
- Guide Socket: RJ12
- Cooling System: Ambient air cooling
- Body Size: 1.26” x 2.83” or 32 mm x 72 mm
- Back Focal Distance: 12.5 mm
- Weight: approx. 1.76 oz., or 50 g