- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Starlight Xpress Trius SX-674 Mono Camera with Mini Filter Wheel, OAG & Lodestar X2
Starlight Xpress SX-674 Combo Package
with Camera, Mini Filter Wheel, Integrated OAG
and Lodestar X2 Autoguider
About the Starlight Xpress Trius SX-674 CCD Camera
The Trius SX-674 CCD camera is fitted with the Sony EXview ICX674ALG monochrome sensor, with an array of 1940 x 1460 effective pixels. This 2/3 format, high resolution 10.97 mm diagonal sensor has over 2.8 million 4.54Um pixels, super low dark signal (Dark frames? Who needs dark frames!), and 77% peak QE.
Take a look at the rear of the Trius SX-825 and you will see three (3) mini USB ports! That’s more than enough to run a Lodestar or Superstar autoguider and SX filter wheel. Other ports on the rear of the SX Trius camera include a USB port, a Guider port, and a 12V plug. Single cable control and fast download times of approximately 2 seconds at full resolution is achieved via the high speed USB 2.0 interface. A USB cable is supplied in the SX-674 package, as is a universal AC power supply.
The Starlight Xpress Trius SX-674 includes a regulated set-point cooling supply with two-stage thermoelectric cooler that supplies a minimum CCD temperature of approximately -40C below ambient. The SX Cooling Enhancer Fan, included with all Trius cameras, adds extra cooling power when the night air is still and air is not circulating very well.
The CCD chamber of the SX Trius camera is Argon-purged to keep moisture from forming on the inside of the window. The window itself is made of fused silica, which offers better heat transfer properties than regular glass. This feature keeps the outside of the sensor window from gathering moisture. It is proven that a dryer window, both inside and out, makes for a happier astro-imager!
The Trius body is rugged and extremely compact, with a diameter and length of less than 3”. It is also light weight at just 14.1 ounces. The back focus is approximately 17 mm (+/- 1 mm).
Starlight Xpress Trius SX-674 CCD Camera Specs
- Sensor: Sony ICX674ALG Exview
- Color or Monochrome: Monochrome
- Grade: 1 or better
- Pixel Array: 1940 x 1460
- Pixel Size: 4.54uM x 4.54uM
- Sensor Dimensions HxV: 8.81 mm x 6.63 mm
- Data Format: 16 bits
- Computer Interface: Built-in USB 2.0
- Image Download Time: Typically 2 seconds at full resolution
- Power Requirements: 115VAC/240VAC @ 12VA or 12VDC @ 900mA max
- Cooling: Two stage thermoelectric, regulated, min temp of -40C below ambient
- Dimensions: 75 mm diameter x 70 mm length
- Mount Thread: 42 mm T2 thread
- Weight: 400g or 14.1 ounces, approximate
About the Starlight Xpress Mini Filter Wheel
with Five 1.25" Positions and Integrated Slimline OAG
The Starlight Xpress Mini Filter Wheel, with its integrated off-axis guide prism, is a compact solution for mobile setups, or where the lightest possible wheel and guider are required. The Mini Filter Wheel is USB controlled and powered, with five 1.25” filter positions. The integrated OAG is pre-set to be close to par-focal with most Starlight Xpress cameras. The Lodestar X2 is an ideal match to the OAG pick-off tube. Connections are T-thread male and T-thread female.
About the Starlight Xpress Lodestar X2 Autoguider
The Starlight Xpress Lodestar X2 is a very compact guider which is powered and operated via a single USB2.0 computer connection. The Lodestar X2 also provides an opto-isolated output connection for direct control of most mounts via their Autoguider sockets. This output is compatible with the ST4 style of RJ12 connection and supplies 4 pull down direction lines and a common return. Alternatively, you may send the mount control signals via a serial connection from the guider control computer.
The SX Lodestar X2 utilizes a very sensitive Sony ‘ExView’ CCD (the ICX829) with an array of 752 x 582 pixels in a ‘half-inch’ format. Although the chip is not cooled, it has a very low dark signal and very little readout noise, so it can be used to guide on faint stars that are beyond the reach of webcams and CMOS chip based guide cameras. Because of the high sensitivity and high dynamic range characteristics of the Sony ICX829, the Starlight Xpress Lodestar X2 makes a superb electronic finder and planetary imaging camera as well as a splendid autoguider!
Starlight Xpress Lodestar X2 Specifications
- Sensor: Sony ICX829 EXview HAD CCD
- Transfer Method: Interline
- Image Size: 8 mm Diagonal, Type 1/2
- Total Pixel Array: 795 x 596
- Effective Pixels: 752 x 582
- Total Effective Pixels: 440K
- Pixel Size: 8.4 um x 9.8 um
- Computer Interface: Built-in USB 2.0 compatible interface
- Image Download Time: Typically 0.2 seconds at full resolution using USB 2.0
- Power Requirements: USB powered
- Guide Socket: RJ12
- Cooling System: Ambient air cooling
- Body Size: 1.26” x 2.83” or 32 mm x 72 mm
- Back Focal Distance: 12.5 mm
- Weight: approx. 1.76 ounces, or 50g