- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Starlight Xpress Trius SX-46 Full Frame CCD Camera - SX-46
Starlight Xpress Trius SX-46 Full Frame Monochrome CCD Camera
The Starlight Xpress Trius SX-46 is a full frame monochrome CCD camera incorporating the well-known 16.7 MP "APS-H" format KAF-16200 imaging sensor with a 4540 x 3640 array consisting of 6.0 µm square pixels. Since a mechanical shutter is needed to operate a full frame chip, Starlight Xpress has created a custom "roller blind" assembly utilizing mini stepper motors for an exceptionally smooth shutter action.
Starlight Xpress Trius SX-46 Special Features
- Multi-coated synthetic sapphire input window. Sapphire's extremely high thermal conductivity (25x superior to glass) makes a window heater unnecessary by conducting waste heat from the camera body to the entire window surface. Even with maximum CCD cooling, dewing of the window is an extremely remote possibility.
- A stepper driven roller blind shutter with exceptionally uniform sensor illumination, even at an exposure time of 0.1 seconds. This shutter, while made for lasting, rigorous use, can also be easily serviced or replaced if required.
- Compact O-ring sealed CCD chamber filled with dry argon. No desiccant to replace on a regular basis. Window is easy to clean using an air duster or soft cloth.
- Built-in LED flood illuminator for RBI elimination (trapped electrons from previous images).
- Fast image downloads. A full 16.7 MP image takes only approximately 6.5 seconds.
- Three stage Peltier cooler offers better than -50ºC below ambient, and features an efficient temperature controller to limit power consumption to under 2 amps at 12v DC.
- Built-in standard "Trius" three-port USB 2.0 hub.
- At 136 mm square with 70 mm depth (plus handles), this compact camera weighs only 3.75 lbs.
Starlight Xpress Trius SX-46 CCD Camera Specifications
- Imaging Sensor: KAF-16200 monochrome
- Sensor Type: CCD
- CCD Architecture: Full Frame
- Resolution: 16.7 MP
- Active Area: 27 mm x 21.6 mm
- Pixel Array: 4540 x 3640
- Pixel Size: 6.0 µm x 6.0 µm
- Read Noise: 9e typical
- Full Well Capacity: Approx. 41,000e
- Peak QE: Approx. 58% at 530nM
- Camera Gain: 0.6e/ADU
- Computer Interface: USB 2.0