- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
ZWO ASI1600MM Pro Monochrome Astronomy Camera with EFW Mini, 1.25" LRGB, & 1.25" H-Alpha Filters - ASI1600MMP-M3
Get a FREE ZWO Key Chain with Purchase!
ZWO ASI1600MM Pro Monochrome Camera Mini Kit 3
The ZWO ASI1600MM Pro Mini Kit 3 includes a monochrome version of the ASI1600 Pro camera, as well as a 5-position EFW Mini Electronic Filter Wheel, a set of 1.25" LRGB filters, and a 1.25" H-Alpha filter!
ZWO ASI1600MM Pro Monochrome Astronomy Camera
With low read noise, low dark current, and high dynamic range, the ZWO ASI1600 Pro camera offers top-of-the-line astrophotography performance. Due to its super low read noise, this camera features 12.5 stops of dynamic range, even with a 12-bit ADC. This represents an upgrade over the KAF8300.Four screws are used to seal the ASI1600 Pro's chamber. This design has been confirmed by full testing to be extremely stable. The ASI1600 Pro does not suffer from dew problems and still operates normally even when humidity is high.
DDR Memory Buffer A 256MB DDR3 memory buffer is integrated into the ASI1600 Pro camera's upgrade PCB board to improve data transfer stability and avoid amp-glow issues encountered during readout with USB2.0 due to slow speed data transfer. This DDR memory buffer is the main distinction between ASI "Pro" cameras and ASI "Cool" cameras.
USB 3.0 Port & USB 2.0 Hub USB 3.0 port provides 5 gb of bandwith to power the ASI1600 Pro for operation at 14.7 fps in 12bit normal mode, or 19 fps in 23bit high speed mode at full resolution (11.7 MP). ZWO recommends using either a 12V at 3A-5A or more DC adapter (2.1*5.5, center positive), or a 9-15V battery to supply power for the cooler. A wide range of accessories such as a filter wheel, guide camera, and electronic focuser, can be connected to the ASI1600 Pro via its USB 2.0 HUB. This enables easier cable management. Power comes from two included short 0.5 m USB2.0 cables, or an external source if connected.
Cooling System This camera features a two-stage TEC cooling system for very deep cooling at -40ºC below ambient. An external AC-DC power supply (sold separately) is necessary to power the cooler.
ASIair Camera Control (sold separately)
There is a wireless camera control solution available for this camera, and it's called the ZWO ASIair. This small wireless module allows you to focus, take images, make adjustments with your smartphone or tablet, and even do plate solving and computerized mount control with the built-in SkySafari bridge. If you'd like to add an ASIair to your camera order, you can find it in the suggested accessories section.
ZWO ASI1600MM Pro Cooled Mono Imaging Camera Specifications
- Sensor: 4/3" Panasonic MN34230 CMOS
- Diagonal: 21.9 mm
- Resolution: 11.7 MP
- Pixel Array: 4656 x 3520
- Pixel Size: 3.8 µm
- Maximum FPS at Full Resolution: 23 fps
- Shutter: Rolling
- Minimum Exposure: 32 microseconds
- Maximum Exposure: 2000 seconds
- Read Noise: 1.2e @30db gain
- QE Peak: 60%
- Full Well Capacity: 20keer.
- ADC: 12bit
- DDRIII Buffer: 256 MB
- Interface: USB 3.0/USB 2.0
- Adapter: 2"/1.25"/M42x0.75
- Protect Window: AR
- Diameter: 78 mm
- Weight: 14.5 oz.
- Back Focus Distance: 6.5 mm
- Cooling: Regulated two-stage TEC
- Delta T: 40-45 degrees below ambient
- Cooling Power Consumption: 12V at 2A max
- Working Temperature: -5°C - 45°C
- Storage Temperature: -20°C - 60°C
- Working Relative Humidity: 20% - 80%
- Storage Relative Humidity: 20% - 95%
ZWO EFW Mini Electronic Filter Wheel
Especially small and lightweight, the ZWO Mini Electronic Filter Wheel, or EFW Mini, weighs only 300 grams (10.58 ounces) and features a very thin 20 mm body.Even though it's small enough to fit in your hand, the ZWO EFW Mini is robustly constructed with a CNC-machined black anodized body made of aircraft-grade aluminum. In addition, the stepper motor is made in Japan by NPM. Rotatable in each direction, this Mini Filter Wheel holds five 1.25" or 31 mm filters. This kit includes a set of 1.25" LRGB filters. With these filters, you'll get non-vignetted results using systems as fast as f/5 with this camera. After installing the ASCOM driver, you can start using the ZWO EFW Mini by plugging one of the USB 2.0 cables included in this kit into the USB hub. You can also use one of the USB cables to connect the EFW Mini directly to your computer. ZWO's ASCOM driver is compatible with a large variety of control software.
ZWO 1.25" LRGB & H-Alpha Filters
- The 1.25" LRGB filters in this set have been enhanced for use with the monochrome sensor in the ASI1600 Pro
- Comes with 1.25" (IR-Cut) Luminance, Red, Green, Blue, and H-Alpha filters
- The four LRGB filters in this set offer over 92% light transmission at passband
- Each LRGB filter delivers more than 92% light transmission at passband
- Compared to standard LRGB filters, you'll enjoy improved transmission, color separation, and coatings
- RGB color combined weights are approximately 1:1:1
- 700 nm - 1100 nm infrared wavelength cut-off and precision off-band blocking
- Fine optical polishing for 1/4 wavefront accuracy
- Multiple layers of anti-reflection coatings boost performance
- These filters features a small spectral gap to minimize the effects of light pollution
- Each filter in this kit comes mounted in a sturdy filter cell