- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
ZWO ASI174MM Monochrome CMOS Imaging Camera - USB 3.0 - ASI174MM
Get a FREE ZWO Key Chain with Purchase!
ZWO ASI174 Monochrome CMOS Imaging Camera
The ZWO ASI174MM Monochrome Scientific CMOS Camera follows in the footsteps of the ASI120MM-S when it comes to cutting-edge functionality like a high speed USB 3.0 port, an ST4 guide port, a standard 2” interface with M42 x 0.75 internal threads, a 1/4” tripod thread mount on the back, and an AR window. However, the ZWO ASI174 camera has one important difference, and that is the inclusion of a Sony IMX174 monochrome CMOS sensor. This image sensor has a lot going for it when it comes to high quality solar, lunar, planetary, and deep sky imaging:
Sony IMX174 CMOS Sensor Features
- 1/1.2” CMOS: The Sony IMX174 is a 13.4mm (Type 1/1.2) CMOS image sensor with 2.35M effective pixels in a 1936 x 1216 array. Pixel size is 5.86um.
- Pregius Global Shutter: The development of a new pixel with analog memory allows for all pixels to be scanned at once. This global shutter function on the Sony IMX174 sensor means images taken of moving objects will not suffer from focal plane distortion, resulting in high picture quality. This is a really nice feature, especially when you are doing lunar or solar imaging. Bad seeing, wind, or movement can distort the image if the readout speed is not fast enough (<30fps).
- Exmor High-Performance: Exmor is a Sony trademark, and that label means the CMOS image sensor is considered a high-performance model, with high speed processing, low noise, and low power dissipation by using column-parallel A/D conversion.
- High QE, Low Noise: As a general rule, we should be aiming for high QE and low noise. The peak quantum efficiency (QE) for the ZWO AI174 camera is 78%. The QE curve is lightly higher in B & G than the ASI120, and slightly lower is R and IR. Oh, the read noise? It measures out at only 6e-!
- High Frame Rate: At full resolution, the Sony IMX174 sensor operates at 128.2 frames per second at 12 bit ADC, and 164.5 frames per second at 10 bit ADC.
- ROI Mode: Achieve an even higher frame rate with ROI (Region of Interest) mode. This mode allows you to set a maximum of 16 areas for capture inside the effective pixels area.
- Everything you will need to control your ZWO camera is available and easily downloadable in one centralized location on the ZWO website. Click here for ZWO Software Downloads.
ASIair Camera Control (sold separately)
There is a wireless camera control solution available for this camera, and it's called the ZWO ASIair. This small wireless module allows you to focus, take images, make adjustments with your smartphone or tablet, and even do plate solving and computerized mount control with the built-in SkySafari bridge. If you'd like to add an ASIair to your camera order, you can find it in the suggested accessories section.
ZWO ASI174 Monochrome CMOS Camera Specifications
- Sensor: 1/1.2” CMOS
- Resolution: 2.3MP
- Image Array: 1936 x 1216
- Pixel Size: 5.86um
- Max Frame Rate at Full Resolution: 164 FPS
- Max Frame Rate at 640 x 480: 397 FPS
- Window: AR
- Guide Port: ST4
- Shutter: Global
- Exposure Range: 32us - 1000s
- Read Noise Low Speed: 6e
- Read Noise High Speed: 15e
- Saturation Capacity: 32K
- Dynamic Range: 72dB
- Gain: 8 e-/ADU low speed, 32 e-/ADU high speed
- Interface: USB3.0/USB2.0
- Bit Rate: 12bit output (12 bit ADC)
- Adapter: 2” to 1.25”/M42 x 0.75
- Dimensions: 62 mm Diameter by 41 mm
- Peak QE: 77%
- Weight: 140g
- Working Temperature: -5ºC - 45ºC
- Working Relative Humidity: 20% - 80%
Please Note: This camera works with Windows 8.1 as long as you have the recommended driver installed (available on the ZWO website at zwoptical.com).