- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
ZWO ASI178MM Monochrome Astronomy Camera Kit - ASI178MM-KIT1
Get a FREE ZWO Key Chain with Purchase!
ZWO ASI178MM Monochrome CMOS Imaging Camera Kit
with Manual 5-Position Filter Wheel and LRGB Filter Set
About the ZWO 178MM Monochrome Astronomy Camera
The ZWO ASI178MM is loaded with the Sony IMX178 back-illuminated, 6.4M pixel image sensor. The 1/1.8" sensor has an array of 3096 x 2080 pixels that are 2.4um square. With a 14bit ADC, super low read noise of 2.2 e, and high sensitivity, the ZWO ASI178MM would make a great camera for microscopy as well as astronomy.
Sony IMX178 CMOS Sensor Features
- High sensitivity, high resolution, and high dynamic range is yours with the Sony IMX178 back-illuminated CMOS image sensor!
- The IMX178 is an "Exmor R" sensor, with significantly enhanced imaging characteristics, including sensitivity and low noise, by changing fundamental structure of "Exmor" adopted column-parallel A/D converter to back-illuminated type.
- Sony STARVIS sensors, of which the IMX178 is one, features sensitivity of 2000 mV or more per 1µm²*, and realizes high picture quality in the visible and near infrared light regions.
- High dynamic range was achieved by featuring 14 bit ADC, which reduced quantization noise and suppressed dark random noise. This enables clear image quality in light and dark areas, even when imaging objects with high contrast.
- Everything you will need to control your ZWO camera is available and easily downloadable in one centralized location on the ZWO website. Click here for ZWO Software Downloads.
ASIair Camera Control (sold separately)
There is a wireless camera control solution available for this camera, and it's called the ZWO ASIair. This small wireless module allows you to focus, take images, make adjustments with your smartphone or tablet, and even do plate solving and computerized mount control with the built-in SkySafari bridge. If you'd like to add an ASIair to your camera order, you can find it in the suggested accessories section.
ZWO ASI178MM Monochrome CMOS Camera Specifications
- Sensor: Sony 1/1.8" CMOS IMX178
- Resolution: 6.4M
- Image Array: 3096 x 2080
- Pixel Size: 2.4um
- Peak QE: 81%
- Max Frame Rate at Full Resolution: 60 FPS
- Max Frame Rate at 640 x 480: 253.1 FPS
- Window: IR-Cut
- Guide Port: ST4
- Shutter: Global
- Exposure Range: 32us - 1000s
- Read Noise: 2.2e
- Interface: USB3.0/USB2.0
- Bit Rate: 14bit output (14 bit ADC)
- Adapter: 2” to 1.25”/M42 x 0.75
- Dimensions: 62 mm Diameter by 36 mm
- Weight: 120g
- Working Temperature: -5ºC - 45ºC
- Working Relative Humidity: 20% - 80%
Please Note: This camera works with Windows 8.1 as long as you have the recommended driver installed
* When imaging with a 706 cd/m2 light source, F5.6 in 1 s accumulation equivalent
About the ZWO 5-Position Filter Wheel
- The ZWO 1.25" Manual Filter Wheel is a great addition to any ZWO Monochrome Astronomy Camera!
- The ZWO 5-position filter wheel lets you easily organize the filters you plan on using for the nights imaging session.
- Handles up to five 1.25" filters.
- To select a filter all you have to do is turn the numbered dial and choose a filter. Each position securely clicks into place for use.
About the ZWO LRGB 1.25" Filter Set
- The ZWO LRGB Filter Set includes four filters: 1.25" IR/CUT Filter, 1.25" Red Filter, 1.25" Blue Filter, 1.25" Green Filter.
- Each filter in the ZWO LRGB filter set delivers over 90% light transmission.
- All filters are housed in a sturdy filter cell and have Anti-Reflective coatings.