- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
ZWO ASI183GT Monochrome Camera w/ 5-Position Filter Wheel - ASI183GT
Get a FREE ZWO Key Chain with Purchase!
ZWO ASI183GT Monochrome Camera w/ 5-Position Filter Wheel
ZWO GT cameras capture the functionality of traditional ZWO camera designs but incorporate the technology of an integrated electronic filter wheel (EFW) to give another level to this CMOS camera. There are many exciting features, some which include the ultra-quiet 5-Position EFW, a 12V power distribution, an integrated USB2 hub, and several accessories.
The ZWO ASI183GT camera uses low read noise, low dark current, and a high dynamic range, 12.5 stops, to be an extremely useful tool for astrophotographers who wish to explore the night sky and capture those memories. Moreover, it comes with a built-in 12bit ADC and a 256MB DDR3 memory buffer which improves the camera's data transfer reliability.
The ASI183GT Camera has a 2 stage cooling system. It has deep cooling abilities, 40°C - 45°C below ambient. The body of the camera is designed with 24 heat radiating grooves with fitted dual maglev fans. This ensures that temperature difference stays between 40°C - 45°C below ambient.
In order to power the cooler, an external power supply (not included) is needed. The recommended power supply is a 12V/3-5A or more DC adapter. A battery with a 9-15V is also suitable to power the cooler.
The included electronic filter wheel, driven by a very quiet, high grade stepper motor, accepts both 1.25" and 31 mm filters. Please note that the thickness of the 1.25" filters cannot exceed 7 mm (without threads). The thread must be shorted than 2.5 mm so the filter wheel does not strike the camera housing.
The integrated filter wheel, EFW, is CNC machined out of an aircraft grade aluminum block. It was then finished in a hard-wearing anodized finish. You can be rest assured that ZWO has factored in internal light reflections. The inner surface of the EFW has been treated to avoid those specific reflections.
ZWO has included multiple ports on the body of the ASI183 GT camera.
The body of this camera has a 12V power supply port, a USB3.0 port, and a USB 2.0 hub.
The following items are included in the purchase of the ASI183 GT Camera:
- M42 to M48 Adapter
- 3 M42 Spacers
- M42-M48F-12L Extender
- M48-M48F-16.5 Extender
- M2 Screws
- 2m USB 3.0 Cable
- 0.5m USB 2/0 Cable
- 0.5m USB2.0 Type-C Cable
- Cross Head Screw Driver
- Filter Mask