- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
ZWO ASI183MC Pro USB3.0 Cooled Color Astronomy Camera - ASI183MC-P
Get a FREE ZWO Key Chain with Purchase!
ZWO ASI183MC Pro Cooled USB 3.0 Color Camera
The ASI183 Pro camera series represents the most sensitive set of cameras ZWO has ever offered. They incorporate a back-illuminated Sony IMX183 CMOS sensor with 20.18 MP resolution and a 5496 x 3672 pixel array. These cameras have an exceptionally large full well capacity (15000e) despite a tiny 2.4 µm pixel size, as well as 1.6e read noise @ 30db, and 12 stops dynamic range @ gain=0. They also make use of firmware components to reduce amplifier glow for peak astrophotography performance.
DDR Memory Buffer
A 256MB DDR3 memory buffer is included with ASI183 Pro cameras for better data transfer stability. By using a memory buffer, the ASI183MC Pro also helps minimize amp-glow that comes from slow transfer speeds when a USB 2.0 port is being used with the camera.
The mechanics of the ASI183 Pro and the ASI1600 Pro are identical. The sensor chamber is sealed via four screws. Extensively tested, the ZWO camera design is known to be exceptionally stable. Even in extremely humid conditions, this camera will still operate fine without dew problems.
Great for solar and lunar imaging, as well as live viewing/EAA, high speed fps readouts may be used for real-time focusing, real lucky imaging of small objects like double stars, planetary imaging of the solar system's major planets, and much more. 10-Bit ADC
- 5496 x 3672 - 19 fps
- 3840 x 2160 - 41.04 fps
- 1920 x 1080 - 80.10 fps
- 1280 x 720 - 117.30 fps
- 5496 x 3672 - 19 fps
- 3840 x 2160 - 36.12 fps
- 1920 x 1080 - 70.48 fps
- 1280 x 720 - 103.23 fps
For deep sky astrophotography, this ZWO ASI183MC Color Camera uses Sony back-illuminated Exmor R technology to deliver superior performance. Peak QE is an incredible 84% for all ASI183 series cameras. QE is still more than 60% in the H-Alpha channel. A larger portion of the light is allowed to travel through your telescope and reach your sensor is actually utilized with a high QE. Since the ASI183 is able to use a greater percentage of light that reaches it due to an 84% peak QE and no less than approximately 50% within the visual spectrum, signal quality is greatly improved.
USB 3.0 Port & USB 2.0 Hub
USB 3.0 Port: Provides a bandwidth of 5 gb to allow the ASI183 Pro to run at full resolution at 19 fps (12bit, normal mode), or 19 fps (10bit, high speed mode). ZWO recommends using a 12V @ 3-5A (or more) DC adapter (2.1×5.5mm, center pole positive) for powering the cooler. A 9-15V DC battery is also suitable for this purpose. USB 2.0 Hub Enables better cable management by connecting with an array of accessories such as filter wheels, guide cameras, and electronic focusers. Includes two short 0.5 m USB 2.0 cables. When connected, an external source can be used to power the integrated USB 2.0 hub.
Important Notice Regarding Power: Please be aware that this cooled ZWO camera does not come with a power supply but one is required to run your camera's cooler. You can either choose a ZWO 12V 5A ACDC Power Supply (choose the model with the proper plug for your location), or if you prefer running off of your car or portable DC battery, we recommend the Orion DC Power Cord and a Celestron PowerTank 17 or other 9V to 15V battery. Thanks.
ASIair Camera Control (sold separately)
There is a wireless camera control solution available for this camera, and it's called the ZWO ASIair. This small wireless module allows you to focus, take images, make adjustments with your smartphone or tablet, and even do plate solving and computerized mount control with the built-in SkySafari bridge. If you'd like to add an ASIair to your camera order, you can find it in the suggested accessories section.
ZWO ASI183MC Pro Cooled Color Camera Specifications
- Sensor: Sony 1" IMX183CQJ-J CMOS color
- Diagonal: 15.9mm
- Resolution: 20.18 MP
- Image Array: 5496 x 3672
- Pixel Size: 2.4 µm square
- Bayer Pattern: RGGB
- Shutter: Rolling
- Minimum Exposure: 32 µs
- Maximum Exposure: 2000 seconds
- ROI: Supported
- Read Noise: 1.6e @30db gain
- Peak QE: 84%
- Full Well Capacity: 15ke
- ADC: 12-Bit
- DDR3 Buffer: 256MB
- Interface: USB 3.0/USB 2.0
- Adapter: M42x0.75
- Protect Window: AR
- Dimensions: 78mm diameter
- Weight: 14.5 oz. (410 g)
- Back Focus Distance: 6.5mm
- Cooling: Regulated Two Stage TEC
- Delta T: 40°C - 45°C below ambient
- Camera Power Consumption: 650mA at 5V
- Cooler Power Consumption: 12V at 3A Max
- Working Temperature: -5°C - 45°C
- Storage Temperature: -20°C - 60°C
- Working Relative Humidity: 20% - 80%
- Storage Relative Humidity: 20% - 95%