- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
ZWO ASI183MM Pro USB3.0 Cooled Monochrome Astronomy Camera - ASI183MM-P
Get a FREE ZWO Key Chain with Purchase!
ZWO ASI183MM Pro Cooled USB 3.0 Monochrome Camera
ZWO ASI183 series cameras feature a back-illuminated Sony IMX183 CMOS sensor with 20.18 MP effective pixels in a 5496 x 3672 imaging array. For such a small pixel size (2.4 µm), these cameras have a very large full well capacity (15000e), as well as 1.6e read noise @ 30db, and 12 stops dynamic range @ gain=0. ASI183 cameras also employ firmware to minimize amp glow for maximum astro-imaging performance.
DDR Memory Buffer
ASI183 Pro cameras incorporate a 256MB DDR3 memory buffer for data transfer stability enhancement. Furthermore, by using a memory buffer, the ASI183MM Pro reduces amp-glow resulting from slow transfer speeds when the camera is used with a USB 2.0 port.
The ASI183 Pro has identical mechanics to the ASI1600 Pro. Four screws are used to seal the sensor chamber. ZWO's camera design has been fully tested and is known to be very stable. Even when conditions are severely humid, this camera will continue to work fine without dew problems.
Fast FPS is beneficial for both solar and lunar imaging, along with live viewing/EAA. High speed readouts are useful for focusing in real time, true lucky imaging of small objects such as double stars, imaging of the solar system's largest planets, and much more. 10-Bit ADC
- 5496 x 3672 - 19 fps
- 3840 x 2160 - 41.04 fps
- 1920 x 1080 - 80.10 fps
- 1280 x 720 - 117.30 fps
- 5496 x 3672 - 19 fps
- 3840 x 2160 - 36.12 fps
- 1920 x 1080 - 70.48 fps
- 1280 x 720 - 103.23 fps
Since it features a monochrome sensor with Sony back-illuminated Exmor R technology, the ASI183MM Pro Cooled Monochrome Camera offers superb performance for deep sky applications. Peak QE for ASI183 cameras reaches an impressive 84%! QE remains at over 60%, even in the H-Alpha channel. With a high QE, a greater amount of light that enters your telescope and makes it to the sensor is actually used. An 84% peak QE and no less than approximately 50% within the visible spectrum enhances signal quality by allowing the ASI183 to utilize a higher percentage of light that reaches it.
USB 3.0 Port & USB 2.0 Hub
USB 3.0 Port: Supplies 5 gb bandwidth to enable the ASI183 Pro to operate at 19 fps in 12bit normal mode, or 19 fps in 10bit high speed mode at full resolution. ZWO recommends using a 12V @ 3-5A (or more) DC adapter (2.1×5.5mm, center pole positive) for powering the cooler. A 9-15V DC battery is also suitable for this purpose. USB 2.0 Hub Connects with a variety of accessories such as filter wheels, guide cameras, and electronic focusers, for more convenient cable management. The ASI183 Pro comes with two short 0.5 m USB 2.0 cables. This built-in USB 2.0 hub can be powered via an external source when connected.
Important Notice Regarding Power: Please be aware that this cooled ZWO camera does not come with a power supply but one is required to run your camera's cooler. You can either choose a ZWO 12V 5A ACDC Power Supply (choose the model with the proper plug for your location), or if you prefer running off of your car or portable DC battery, we recommend the Orion DC Power Cord and a Celestron PowerTank 17 or other 9V to 15V battery. Thanks.
ZWO ASI183MM Pro Cooled Monochrome Camera Specifications
ASIair Pro Camera Control (sold separately)
There is a wireless camera control solution available for this camera, and it's called the ZWO ASIair Pro. This small wireless module allows you to focus, take images, make adjustments with your smartphone or tablet, and even do plate solving and computerized mount control with the built-in SkySafari bridge. If you'd like to add an ASIair Pro to your camera order, you can find it in the suggested accessories section.
- Sensor: Sony 1" IMX183CLK-J CMOS monochrome
- Diagonal: 15.9mm
- Resolution: 20.18 MP
- Image Array: 5496 x 3672
- Pixel Size: 2.4 µm square
- Bayer Pattern: None
- Shutter: Rolling
- Minimum Exposure: 32 µs
- Maximum Exposure: 2000 seconds
- ROI: Supported
- Read Noise: 1.6e @30db gain
- Peak QE: 84%
- Full Well Capacity: 15ke
- ADC: 12-Bit
- DDR3 Buffer: 256MB
- Interface: USB 3.0/USB 2.0
- Adapter: M42x0.75
- Protect Window: AR
- Dimensions: 78mm diameter
- Weight: 14.5 oz. (410 g)
- Back Focus Distance: 6.5mm
- Cooling: Regulated Two Stage TEC
- Delta T: 40°C - 45°C below ambient
- Camera Power Consumption: 650mA at 5V
- Cooler Power Consumption: 12V at 3A Max
- Working Temperature: -5°C - 45°C
- Storage Temperature: -20°C - 60°C
- Working Relative Humidity: 20% - 80%
- Storage Relative Humidity: 20% - 95%