- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
ZWO ASI183MC USB3.0 Color Astronomy Camera - ASI183MC
Get a FREE ZWO Key Chain with Purchase!
ZWO ASI183MC USB 3.0 Color Astronomy Camera
ZWO ASI183 series cameras feature a back-illuminated Sony IMX183 CMOS sensor with a 20.18 MP resolution and a 5496 x 3672 imaging array. This makes the ASI183 the most sensitive camera ever produced by ZWO. These cameras have an exceptionally large full well capacity (15000e) despite a tiny 2.4 µm pixel size, along with 1.6e read noise @ 30db, and 12 stops dynamic range @ gain=0. ASI183 cameras also employ firmware to minimize amplifier glow for maximum astro-imaging performance.
Great for solar and lunar imaging, as well as live viewing/EAA, high speed fps readouts are useful for focusing in real time, true lucky imaging of small objects such as double stars, imaging of the solar system's largest planets, and much more. 10-Bit ADC
- 5496 x 3672 - 19 fps
- 3840 x 2160 - 41.04 fps
- 1920 x 1080 - 80.10 fps
- 1280 x 720 - 117.30 fps
- 5496 x 3672 - 19 fps
- 3840 x 2160 - 36.12 fps
- 1920 x 1080 - 70.48 fps
- 1280 x 720 - 103.23 fps
For deep sky astrophotography, this ZWO ASI183MC Color Camera uses Sony back-illuminated Exmor R technology to deliver superior performance. Peak QE is an incredible 84% for all ASI183 series cameras. QE is still more than 60% in the H-Alpha channel. A larger portion of light is allowed to travel through your telescope and reach your sensor is actually utilized with a high QE. Since the ASI183 is able to use a greater percentage of light that reaches it due to an 84% peak QE and no less than approximately 50% within the visual spectrum, signal quality is greatly improved.
USB 3.0 and ST4 Ports
USB 3.0 Port: Provides a bandwidth of 5 gb to make running the ASI183MC at 19 fps (12bit, normal mode), or 19 fps (10bit, high speed mode) at full resolution possible. ST4 Port: Used for connecting with a mount's auto guide port to enable guiding.
ASIair Camera Control (sold separately)
There is a wireless camera control solution available for this camera, and it's called the ZWO ASIair. This small wireless module allows you to focus, take images, make adjustments with your smartphone or tablet, and even do plate solving and computerized mount control with the built-in SkySafari bridge. If you'd like to add an ASIair to your camera order, you can find it in the suggested accessories section.
ZWO ASI183MC Color Astronomy Camera Specifications
- Sensor: Sony 1" IMX183CQJ-J CMOS color
- Diagonal: 15.9mm
- Resolution: 20.18 MP
- Image Array: 5496 x 3672
- Pixel Size: 2.4 µm square
- Bayer Pattern: RGGB
- Shutter: Rolling
- Minimum Exposure: 32 µs
- Maximum Exposure: 2000 seconds
- ROI: Supported
- ST4 Guide Port: Yes
- Read Noise: 1.6e @30db gain
- Peak QE: 84%
- Full Well Capacity: 15ke
- ADC: 12-Bit
- Interface: USB 3.0/USB 2.0
- Adapter: 2"/1.25"/M42x0.75
- Dimensions: 62mm x 36mm
- Weight: 4.2 oz. (120 g) without lens
- Working Temperature: -5°C - 45°C
- Storage Temperature: -20°C - 60°C
- Working Relative Humidity: 20% - 80%
- Storage Relative Humidity: 20% - 95%