- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
ZWO ASI183MM USB3.0 Monochrome Astronomy Camera - ASI183MM
ZWO ASI183MM USB 3.0 Monochrome Astronomy Camera
The ASI183 camera series represents the most sensitive set of cameras ZWO has ever offered. For such a small pixel size (2.4 µm), these cameras have a very large full well capacity (15000e), as well as 1.6e read noise @ 30db, and 12 stops dynamic range @ gain=0. The ASI183MM uses an extremely sensitive back-illuminated Sony IMX183CLK-J CMOS sensor with 20.18 MP effective pixels. It also makes use of firmware components to reduce amplifier glow for peak astrophotography performance.
Fast FPS is beneficial for both solar and lunar imaging, along with live viewing/EAA. In addition, high speed readout may be used for real-time focusing, real lucky imaging of small objects like double stars, planetary imaging of the solar system's major planets, and much more. 10-Bit ADC
- 5496 x 3672 - 19 fps
- 3840 x 2160 - 41.04 fps
- 1920 x 1080 - 80.10 fps
- 1280 x 720 - 117.30 fps
- 5496 x 3672 - 19 fps
- 3840 x 2160 - 36.12 fps
- 1920 x 1080 - 70.48 fps
- 1280 x 720 - 103.23 fps
Since it features a monochrome sensor with Sony back-illuminated Exmor R technology, the ASI183MM Monochrome Camera offers superb performance for deep sky applications. Peak QE for ASI183 cameras reaches an impressive 84%! QE remains at over 60%, even in the H-Alpha channel. With a high QE, a greater amount of light that enters your telescope and makes it to the sensor is actually used. An 84% peak QE and no less than approximately 50% within the visible spectrum enhances signal quality by allowing the ASI183 to utilize a higher percentage of light that reaches it.
USB 3.0 and ST4 Ports
USB 3.0 Port: Offers a bandwidth of 5 gb to allow full resolution operation at 19 fps in normal 12bit mode, or 19 fps in high speed 10bit mode. ST4 Port: Enables guiding by connecting to a mount's auto guide port.
ASIair Pro Camera Control (sold separately)
There is a wireless camera control solution available for this camera, and it's called the ZWO ASIair Pro. This small wireless module allows you to focus, take images, make adjustments with your smartphone or tablet, and even do plate solving and computerized mount control with the built-in SkySafari bridge. If you'd like to add an ASIair Pro to your camera order, you can find it in the suggested accessories section.
ZWO ASI183MM Monochrome Astronomy Camera Specifications
- Sensor: Sony 1" IMX183CLK-J CMOS monochrome
- Diagonal: 15.9mm
- Resolution: 20.18 MP
- Image Array: 5496 x 3672
- Pixel Size: 2.4 µm square
- Bayer Pattern: None
- Shutter: Rolling
- Minimum Exposure: 32 µs
- Maximum Exposure: 2000 seconds
- ROI: Supported
- ST4 Guide Port: Yes
- Read Noise: 1.6e @30db gain
- Peak QE: 84%
- Full Well Capacity: 15ke
- ADC: 12-Bit
- Interface: USB 3.0/USB 2.0
- Adapter: 2"/1.25"/M42x0.75
- Dimensions: 62mm x 36mm
- Weight: 4.2 oz. (120 g) without lens
- Working Temperature: -5°C - 45°C
- Storage Temperature: -20°C - 60°C
- Working Relative Humidity: 20% - 80%
- Storage Relative Humidity: 20% - 95%