- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
ZWO ASI290MC USB 3.0 Color Imaging Camera - ASI290MC
Get a FREE ZWO Key Chain with Purchase!
ZWO ASI290MC Color CMOS Imaging Camera
The ZWO ASI290MC is a CMOS camera that is awesome for lunar, solar, and planetary imaging, and can even capture deep sky images. The ASI290MC uses the Sony IMX290/291 color 1/3" CMOS 2.13 MP sensor, with a 1936 x 1096 array of 2.9um pixels. This sensor has extremely low read noise of 1.0e at 30db gain and can fire off a maximum of 170 FPS at full resolution.
The ZWO ASI290MC body has a back focus of 12.5mm. A high speed USB 3.0 port, ST4 guide port, 1/4” tripod thread mount on the back, and an AR window are features of this ZWO imaging camera. The included software is compatible with Mac, Windows, and Linux operating systems. Everything you will need to control your ZWO camera is available and easily downloadable in one centralized location on the ZWO website. Click here for ZWO Software Downloads.
More about the Sony IMX290LRQ Sensor
The Sony IMX290/291LRQ uses STARVIS back-illuminated pixel technology for improvements in visible and IR light regions. Besides a back-illuminated structure, the Sony IMX290LRQ also has an expanded photodiode area. When applied simultaneously, these features improve sensitivity in both light regions compared to the existing front-illuminated structure.
The IMX290/291 has a diagonal size of 6.46 mm (Type 1/2.8) and uses a 2.9 um square pixel that was newly developed by Sony to further enhance picture quality at low illuminations.
ASIair Camera Control (sold separately)
There is a wireless camera control solution available for this camera, and it's called the ZWO ASIair. This small wireless module allows you to focus, take images, make adjustments with your smartphone or tablet, and even do plate solving and computerized mount control with the built-in SkySafari bridge. If you'd like to add an ASIair to your camera order, you can find it in the suggested accessories section.
ZWO ASI290 Sensor Features
- Sensor: 1/2.8" Color CMOS
- Resolution: 2.13M
- Diagonal: 6.46 mm
- Image Array: 1936x1096
- Pixel Size: 2.9um
- Max Frame Rate at Full Resolution: 170 FPS
- Window: AR
- Guide Port: ST4
- Exposure Range: 32us - 2000s
- ROI: Supported
- Read Noise: 1.0e at 30db gain
- Full Well: 14.6ke
- Peak QE: 80%
- Back Focus Distance: 12.5 mm
- Interface: USB3.0/USB2.0
- ADC: 12bit
- Adapter: 2” to 1.25”/M42 x 0.75
- Dimensions: 62 mm Diameter
- Weight: 210g
- Working Temperature: -5ºC - 45ºC
- Working Relative Humidity: 20% - 80%