- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
ZWO ASI174MM Mini Monochrome Astronomy Camera - ASI174MINI
ZWO ASI174MM Mini Monochrome Imaging Camera
This ASI174MM camera, the first ZWO mini camera, incorporates the Sony IMX174LLJ/IMX174LQJ 1/1.2" sensor (11.3 mm x 7.1 mm). Contains 1936 x 1216 pixels with a pixel size of 5.86 µm x 5.86 µm. The ASI174 Mini provides 12-Bit ADC and a 77% QE peak.
The ZWO ASI174 MINI offers excellent performance for both planetary imaging and guiding. Highlights include low read noise, high dynamic range, QE peak of 77%, AR protective window, and a lot more.
ASI174 Mini vs. ASI174MM
When compared to the ASI174MM, the ASI174 Mini is lighter, more compact, and can achieve focus at the same position as the eyepiece. See images for a detailed comparision.
USB 2.0 and ST4 Ports
ZWO Mini cameras feature one USB2.0 type C port. Type C ports are optimally suited for mobile phones as the positive and negative sides of the adapter are not important. The ST4 port connects the ASI174 Mini directly to a mount's autoguiding port.
When designing the ASI174 Mini, ZWO considered sensitivity to be of utmost importance. Being able to look for a guide star is essential. So when they were first starting out, ZWO thought to use a monochrome sensor to design their guide camera since mono sensors have much higher sensitivity when compared with color sensors. ZWO ultimately decided to go with the 290 and 174 monochrome sensors which have a QE peak of approximately 80%, detecting a larger number of stars in view. In addition, guiding shortens exposure time.
Large FOV Guiding
Designed for big FOV guiding, the ASI174 Mini serves as a useful OAG for locating a guide star. When using an OAG in conjunction with an RC or SCT, the most difficult part is searching for a guide star. The ASI174 Mini features a large 1/1.2" sensor for a 4x bigger FOV than 120 mm.
ASIair Pro Camera Control (sold separately)
There is a wireless camera control solution available for this camera, and it's called the ZWO ASIair Pro. This small wireless module allows you to focus, take images, make adjustments with your smartphone or tablet, and even do plate solving and computerized mount control with the built-in SkySafari bridge. If you'd like to add an ASIair Pro to your camera order, you can find it in the suggested accessories section.
ZWO ASI174MM Mini Mono Camera Specifications
- Sensor: Sony 1/1.2″ CMOS IMX174LLJ/IMX174LQJ
- Resolution: 2.3 MP (1936 x 1216)
- Pixel Size: 5.86 µm
- Minimum Exposure: 32 µs
- Maximum Exposure: 300 s
- ROI: Supported
- Interface: USB 2.0
- Bit Rate: 12bit output (12bit ADC)
- Adapter: 1.25" M28.5x0.6
- Dimensions: 36 mm x 61 mm
- Weight: 140 g (4.9 oz.)
- Working Temperature: -5ºC - 45ºC
- Storage Temperature: -20ºC - 60ºC
- Working Relative Humidity: 20% - 80%
- Storage Relative Humidity: 20% - 95%
Main image depicts the ASI174 Mini Camera from two different angles. This product is for one camera only.