- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
ZWO ASI178MM Monochrome Astronomy Camera w/1.25" Mini Electronic Filter Wheel & New 1.25" LRGB Filter Set - ASI178MM-KIT2
ZWO ASI178MM Monochrome Astronomy Camera Kit 2
The ZWO ASI178MM incorporates Sony's IMX178 back-illuminated 6.4 MP image sensor. This 1/1.8" sensor has 2.4 µm x 2.4 µm pixels in a 3096 x 2080 pixel array. With a 14-Bit ADC, extremely low read noise of 2.2e, and high sensitivity, the ASI178MM serves as an excellent camera for both astronomy and microscopy.
Sony IMX178 CMOS Sensor Features
- With the Sony IMX178 back-illuminated CMOS image sensor, you'll experience high sensitivity, high resolution, and high dynamic range!
- The IMX178 is an "Exmor R" sensor, with significantly enhanced imaging characteristics, including sensitivity and low noise, by changing fundamental structure of "Exmor" adopted column-parallel A/D converter to back-illuminated type.
- Sony STARVIS sensors, of which the IMX178 is one, features sensitivity of 2000 mV or more per 1µm²*, and realizes high picture quality in the visible and near infrared light regions.
- High dynamic range is realized via 14-Bit ADC which lowered quantization noise and dark random noise. This enhances image clarity in light and dark areas, even for high contrast objects.
- Everything you will need to control your ZWO camera is available and easily downloadable in one centralized location on the ZWO website. Click here for ZWO Software Downloads.
ASIair Pro Camera Control (sold separately)
There is a wireless camera control solution available for this camera, and it's called the ZWO ASIair Pro. This small wireless module allows you to focus, take images, make adjustments with your smartphone or tablet, and even do plate solving and computerized mount control with the built-in SkySafari bridge. If you'd like to add an ASIair Pro to your camera order, you can find it in the suggested accessories section.
ZWO ASI178MM Monochrome CMOS Camera Specifications
- Sensor: Sony 1/1.8" CMOS IMX178
- Resolution: 6.4 MP
- Pixel Array: 3096 x 2080
- Pixel Size: 2.4 µm
- Max Frame Rate at Full Resolution: 60 FPS
- Max Frame Rate at 640 x 480: 253.1 FPS
- Window: IR-Cut
- Peak QE: 81%
- Guide Port: ST4
- Shutter: Rolling
- Exposure Range: 32 µs - 1000 s
- Read Noise: 2.2e
- Interface: USB 3.0/USB 2.0
- Bit Rate: 14bit output (14 bit ADC)
- Adapter: 2” to 1.25”/M42 x 0.75
- Dimensions: 62 mm diameter by 36 mm
- Weight: 120 g (4.23 oz.)
- Working Temperature: -5ºC - 45ºC
- Working Relative Humidity: 20% - 80%
Please Note: This camera works with Windows 8.1 as long as you have the recommended driver installed. *When imaging with a 706 cd/m2 light source, F5.6 in 1 s accumulation equivalent.
ZWO 1.25" Mini Electronic Filter Wheel
- Small enough to fit in your hand, the EFW Mini weighs in at only 300 grams (10.6 ounces), making it the most lightweight and compact 1.25" electronic filter wheel on the market.
- The body of the EFW Mini is made from CNC-machined aircraft grade aluminum and features a very thin 20 mm design.
- The step motor, manufactured by NPM in Japan so you can be assured of its quality and reliability, forms the core of the EFW Mini.
- Capable of holding five 1.25" or 31 mm filters. Offers clockwise as well as counterclockwise rotation for selecting filters.
- Only one USB cable is need to power the EFW Mini, as maximum power consumption is around 120ma @5V, so you can connect it to your cooled camera's USB 2.0 hub.
- When connected to the recommended ASI1600, the filter to sensor distance is approximately 10 mm.
ZWO New 1.25" LRGB Filter Set
- Fine-optically polished to ensure accurate 1/4 wavefront
- More than 92% transmission at passband
- Infrared wavelength 700 - 1100 nm cut-off
- Precision off-band blocking
- Multi-layered anti-reflection coating
- Small spectral “gap” to minimize the effect of light pollution
- More parfocal – thickness 1.9+/-0.03 mm