- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
ZWO ASI385 Color CMOS Astronomy Camera - ASI385MC
Get a FREE ZWO Key Chain with Purchase!
ZWO ASI385MC Color CMOS Astronomy Camera
Sony IMX385LQR CMOS Image SensorDeveloped by Sony Semiconductor Solutions, the IMX385LQR CMOS sensor achieves double the sensitivity of the existing IMX185LQJ. Best equipped for industrial applications as picture quality is pursued at low illuminance required by cameras for this purpose, and pixels are mounted with a sensitivity of 2350 mV, the highest sensitivity of all Sony imaging sensors. To further optimize this sensor for industrial applications, SN1s of 0.13 1x are realized via the mounting of an internal programmable gain amplifier and high conversion gain pixels, while High Dynamic Range technology is combined with enhanced near-infrared light sensitivity.
Astrophotography Performance With low read noise, high dynamic range, 80%+ QE peak, AR protective window, and more, the ASI385MC delivers excellent astro-imaging performance.
USB 3.0 & ST-4 Ports The USB 3.0 port supplies 5 gb bandwidth to allow the ASI385 to run at 67 fps in 12-bit normal mode, or 120 fps in 10-bit high speed at full 2.12 MP resolution. Guiding is enabled via a mount auto guiding port to ST-4 port connection.
ASIair Camera Control (sold separately)
There is a wireless camera control solution available for this camera, and it's called the ZWO ASIair. This small wireless module allows you to focus, take images, make adjustments with your smartphone or tablet, and even do plate solving and computerized mount control with the built-in SkySafari bridge. If you'd like to add an ASIair to your camera order, you can find it in the suggested accessories section.
ZWO ASI385MC Color CMOS Astronomy Camera Specifications
- Sensor: Sony 1/2″ CMOS IMX385 color
- Diagonal: 8.35mm
- Resolution: 2.12 MP
- Pixel Array: 1936 x 1096
- Pixel Size: 3.75 µm x 3.75 µm
- Minimum Exposure: 32 µs
- Maximum Exposure: 2000 s
- ROI: Supported
- ST4 Guider Port: Yes
- Focus Distance to Sensor: 12.5mm
- Shutter Type: Rolling
- Protect Window: AR coated
- Operating System Compatibility: Mac, Windows, Linux
- Interface: USB 3.0/USB 2.0
- Bit Rate: 12-bit output (12-bit ADC)
- Read Noise: 0.7e
- QE Peak: >80%
- Full Well Capacity: 18,700e-
- Adapter: 2"/1.25"/M42x0.75
- Dimensions: 62mm x 36mm
- Weight: 4.2 oz. without lens
- Working Temperature: -5°C - 45°C
- Storage Temperature: -20°C - 60°C
- Working Relative Humidity: 20% - 80%
- Storage Relative Humidity: 20% - 95%