- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astrodon Gen2 E-Series LRGB Tru-Balance Filter Set - 49.7 mm Round Unmounted - LRGB2-E50R
About Astrodon Gen2 LRGB Filters
Astrodon filters are high performing, durable filters that provide significant aid for astrophotography and research pursuits. Each filter is constructed using a highly innovative process with a single high quality 3 mm thick fused silica substrate and full hard oxide sputtered coatings. Ideally suited for back-thinned and Sony detectors, Astrodon LRGB filters simplify imaging by requiring only a single exposure time, plus one corresponding dark exposure, rather than one for each color. This saves valuable imaging time and results in improved color separation and "Tru" color balance.
Astrodon 50 mm Round Gen2 E-Series LRGB Filter Set
With Astrodon's E-Series LRGB Gen2 Tru-Balance Filters, expressly designed for cameras incorporating full frame sensors such as the KAF8300, KAF3200, KAF6303, and KAF16803, the flux of red-sensitive full-frame CCD detectors, including compensation for the solar photon flux. The lower red response of Interline detectors influencing the design of the Green and Red filters is resolved. The Luminance and Blue filters in this set are identical to those in Astrodon's I-Series set. This enables equal length exposures through roughly 1:1:1 RGB color combine weights within an estimated 10%. While perfection is not possible, this streamlines imaging by making only one exposure time necessary for all RGB data and thus, only one corresponding dark exposure time, conserving precious imaging time.
Astrodon 50 mm Round Gen2 E-Series LRGB Filter Set Highlights
- Set includes Luminance with UV and NIR blocking, as well as Red, Green, and Blue filters
- 50 mm unthreaded insert
- 3 +/-0.025 mm single 1/4 wave fused silica substrate before coating
- 30 arcsecond parallelism
- Approximately equal color combine weights for G2V white-point for Full Frame (E) detectors
- Equal RGB exposures with one corresponding dark exposure time
- Improved color separation (see transmission spectra)
- Improved color rendition for color theory based galaxies
- Virtually eliminates reflections and star halos
- Spectral "gap" between green and red filters minimizes the impact of light pollution
- Maximum efficiency blue filter with lower UV
- Correct "teal" OIII color for planetary nebulae (OIII signal over 97% in blue and green)
- Parfocal with both Astrodon's high performing narrowband and near-infrared Luminance filters
- Features solid, ultra-hard edge-to-edge sputtered coatings
- Proudly manufactured in the USA