- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik CLS Canon EOS Clip Filter - CLS-EOS
Astronomik CLS Canon EOS Clip Filter
- This CLS Clip Filter features a Canon EOS Clip format designed for standard Canon EOS cameras which include an IR blocking filter over their detector
- The Astronomik CLS Clip Filter has transmission characteristics identical to the CLS Filter, and works with most Canon EOS Cameras (300D, 350D, 400D, 20D, 20Da, 30D, 40D)
- All normal functions of your Canon EOS camera will be unaffected by attaching this filter, including focus, image stabilization, etc.
- This filter has been developed to block out as much artificial light as possible while, at the same time, enabling the best performance for useful wavelengths
- The Astronomik CLS Filter is an excellent filter for imaging deep-sky-objects with telescopes or photo lenses of all apertures, working at f/3 and above
- Blocks the light of mercury and sodium-vapor lamps spectral lines, making it a terrific light pollution filter
- Made in Germany, a country known for designing optics of high quality!
More About the Astronomik CLS Canon EOS Clip Filter
By blocking the spectral lines of mercury and sodium-vapor lamps, but letting a large percentage of the visible light and H-alpha emissions pass, the CLS filter will effectively block out most surrounding light pollution, which can spoil your images. The filters are optimized for use with lenses with all apertures, working at f/3 and above.
The Astronomik EOS-Clip model filter enables astrophotography with DSLR cameras despite severe light-polluting conditions without white balance shift. All Astronomik filters are parfocal with all other Astronomik filters. Does not reduce optical effectiveness. This filter offers high resistance to scratches and the effects of aging, as well as high humidity. Astronomik filters come with a high-quality, durable, plastic storage case.
For astronomical use under light-polluted conditions, the Astronomik CLS Filter is suitable for use with standard Canon EOS DSLR Cameras. The CLS Filter further brings out the contrast between your target object and the background. Since this filter has a wider transmission curve when compared with UHC filters, the CLS will transmit more light. Stars will appear sharper. The Astronomik CLS Filter has been enhanced to simultaneously obstruct as much artifical light as possible while providing the finest performance for preferred wavelengths. This filter will not block long-wavelength Infrared light.
Astronomik EOS Clip Filter System
Astronomik's patented Clip Filter has been assembled from black anodized aluminum and laser-cut on the most advanced modern machines. Within seconds, it can be placed straight into the EOS camera body. No changes required and all lens functions (focus, screen, image stabilization) remain operational! Nearly all Canon system lenses (save for the EF-S series) and all M42 and T2 lens adapters, work with the Astronomik Clip-Filter. This system also serves as an excellent dust protector, preventing it from gathering on the sensor during long exposures.
- 92% transmission at 486 nm (H-beta)
- 92% transmission at 496 nm (OIII)
- 92% transmission at 501 nm (OIII)
- 97% transmission at 656 nm (H alpha)
- Passes wavelengths from 450 nm to 540 nm and from 640 nm and above
- Passes Infrared wavelengths