- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik CLS CCD Light Pollution Filter - 50 mm Round - CLSCCD-50R
Astronomik CLS-CCD Light Pollution Filter - 50 mm Round
- Eliminates the resulting orange glare from urban light pollution by permitting the largest section of visible light and H-alpha emissions to pass while obstructing the spectral lines of mercury and sodium-vapor
- Shows additional nebulae features and more stars
- As well as serving as an excellent imaging filter, the Astronomik CLS CCD Light Pollution Filter is also ideal for deep sky observing with telescopes of any aperture or photo lens with an f/3 focal ratio and above
- Presented in a low profile 50 mm round metal cell
- Allows nearly 100% transmission in the visual and H-alpha area of the spectrum, 450 nm to 530 nm
- All Astronomik filters feature multi-layer coatings to ward off the negative impacts of scratching, aging, and high humidity
- Made in Germany, a country known for producing high quality optics!
More About the Astronomik 50 mm Round CLS-CCD Filter
Since DSLR Cameras have been remodeled for astronomical use, they are compatible with the Astronomik CLS-CCD Filter for use in severely light-polluted conditions. This filter enhances the contrast between the background and your targeted object. Compared to UHC filters, the CLS-CCD Filter has a wider transmission curve, allowing it to transmit a greater amount of light for stars that appear sharper. The Astronomik CLS-CCD Filter has been enhanced to obstruct as much spurious light as possible while, at the same time, providing top-notch performance for preferred wavelengths.
The Astronomik CLS-CCD Filter intercepts unwanted mercury and sodium-vapor spectral lines while allowing the desirable visible light and H-alpha emissions to pass. This enables the CLS-CCD Filter to block out most of the encompassing light pollution, doing away with that bothersome orange glare. Great for DSLR, CCD, black & white film photography, and deep sky viewing, this filter works best with lenses of all apertures that have f/3 and above focal ratios.
With the Astronomik CLD CCD Light Pollution Filter, you'll experience easier Double Star resolution. For those who want to create color images from emission line data, the CLS-CCD Filter is an excellent option for the Luminance channel. Like all Astronomik Filters, this CLS-CCD filter is parfocal with all other Astronomik filters. This 1 mm thick filter is diffraction limited to maintain the current optical performance of your telescope. It is impervious to blemishes from scratching, aging or high humidity. Comes with a superior quality, durable plastic storage case.
- 92% transmission at 486 nm (H-beta)
- 92% transmission at 496 nm (OIII)
- 92% transmission at 501 nm (OIII)
- 97% transmission at 656 nm (H alpha)
- Pass from 450 to 540 nm and beyond 650 nm