- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik CLS Light Pollution Filter 1.25" - CLS-1
Astronomik 1.25" CLS Light Pollution Filter Highlights
- Removes urban lighting caused orange glow
- Shows more stars and nebula detail
- Works best with telescopes that have a filter to telescope aperture ratio of 1:3 to 1:15
- Mounted in a 1.25" cell
- The Astronomik CLS Filter offers almost 100% transmission between 450 nm and 530 nm including the visual and h-alpha area of the spectrum
- The multi-layer coatings on all Astronomik filters protect very well against scratching, aging, and humidity
- Made in Germany, a country known for their high-quality optics!
More About the Astronomik 1.25" CLS Filter
The Astronomik CLS is an excellent filter for black & white and color imaging of nebulae, galaxies and star clusters with astronomical instruments of any size. By blocking the spectral lines of mercury and sodium-vapor lamps, and letting the largest part of the visible light and H-alpha emissions pass, the CLS filter will effectively block out most surrounding light pollution, eliminating that annoying orange glare. The filters are optimized for use with filter to aperture ratios of 1:3 to 1:15. By staying within these aperture ratios, aberrations and coma are eliminated.
All Astronomik filters are parfocal with all other Astronomik filters. The Astronomik 1.25" CLS Light Pollution Filter has a thickness of a mere 1 mm. It has a high resistance to scratches as well as the effects of aging and high humidity. This filter is diffraction limited and will not lower your telescope's optical performance. Astronomik filters arrive in a superior quality, durable plastic storage container.
- 92% transmission at 486 nm (H-beta)
- 92% transmission at 496 nm (OIII)
- 92% transmission at 501 nm (OIII)
- 97% transmission at 656 nm (H alpha)
- Pass from 450 to 540 nm and beyond 650 nm