- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik CLS Light Pollution Filter - 50 mm Round - CLS-50R
Astronomik 50 mm CLS Light Pollution Filter
- Eliminates orange glow produced by heavily light polluted metropolitan areas
- Displays more stars and detail in nebulae
- Best suited for telescopes with a filter to telescope aperture ratio of 1:3 to 1:15
- 50 mm round format
- The Astronomik CLS Filter provides nearly 100% transmission between 450 nm and 530 nm which includes the visual and h-alpha portion of the spectrum
- All Astronomik filters feature multi-layer coatings for superior protection against scratching, aging and humidity
- German-made for supreme optical quality!
More About the Astronomik 50 mm CLS Filter:
For imaging deep sky objects like star clusters, nebulae and galaxies in black & white as well as color with astronomical equipment of any size, the Astronomik CLS Filter is an excellent choice. By blocking the spectral lines of mercury and sodium-vapor lamps, and letting the largest part of the visible light and H-alpha emissions to pass, the CLS filter cuts off most surrounding light pollution, eliminating that annoying orange glare. Developed for use with filter to aperture ratios of 1:3 to 1:15. By staying within these parameters, aberrations and coma are eliminated.
All Astronomik filters are parfocal with all other Astronomik filters. The Astronomik 1.25" CLS Light Pollution Filter has a thickness of a mere 1 mm. It has a high resistance to scratches as well as the effects of aging and high humidity. This filter is diffraction limited and will not lower your telescope's optical performance. Astronomik filters arrive in a superior quality, durable plastic storage container.
- 92% transmission at 486 nm (H-beta)
- 92% transmission at 496 nm (OIII)
- 92% transmission at 501 nm (OIII)
- 97% transmission at 656 nm (H alpha)
- Pass from 450 to 540 nm and beyond 650 nm