- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik H-Alpha 6 nm CCD Filter - 50 mm Round - HA6-50R
Astronomik 6 nm H-Alpha Filter - 50 mm Round
- This H-Alpha CCD Filter from Astronomik comes in a round 50 mm threaded cell format
- Made with regards to the finest technical standards to allow top-of-the-line optical performance for deep sky imaging with CCD cameras
- H-Alpha light emissions are allowed to pass through while close to complete rest of the visual spectrum plus IR is blocked
- FWHM of approximately 6 nm
- All unwanted light pollution is blocked, making this filter optimal for imaging the remnants of supernovae as well as planetary nebulae
- German-made for high optical quality!
For CCD imaging with instruments as fast as f/3.5, the Astronomik H-Alpha 6 nm Filter is an excellent narrow emission-line filter. Not suitable for visual or solar applications. This filter offers complete blockage of all areas of the spectrum with the exception of h-alpha light from emission nebulae.
The FWHM of the Astronomik 6 nm H-Alpha 50 mm Round Filter is optimized for maximum contrast between objects that emit H-alpha, such as emission nebulae, and the background sky. While the 12 nm is similar in function, the 6 nm offers higher contrast gain due to the smaller FWHM. The trade-off is the dimming or eradication of some background stars in the final image. Using the Astronomik 6 nm H-Alpha in conjunction with the 12 nm H-Alpha filter will provide maximum contrast in HII objects (6 nm) while keeping background stars visible (12 nm) in the final image.
Given that the Astronomik 6 nm H-Alpha CCD Filter completely suppresses the main offenders of light pollution, mercury (Hg) and sodium (Na) emissions lines, it makes for an excellent filter for use in a light-polluted environment.
Please note this filter must NEVER be used for solar observing or imaging. Doing so will cause permanent damage to your eyes.