- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik MC Clear Glass Clip Filter for Canon EOS 5D Mk2 and 5D Mk3 DSLR Cameras - C-EOS-5D
Astronomik MC Clear Filters for Canon EOS DSLR Cameras
Astronomik MC clear filters have special glass that converts specific Canon EOS DSLR camera models for astrophotography in order to take advantage of the CMOS sensor's spectral sensitivity. Available in various sizes to meet the requirements of different Canon EOS DSLR cameras, fine optically polished, multi-mirrored MC clear glass is primarily used to offset the optical path for cameras that have previously had filters removed. In addition, this MC clear filter prohibits dirt particles from settling directly on the sensor, thus preventing easily apparent spots while shooting. Despite their name, MC clear glass filters have no filtering effect and do not block infrared or UV light.Cameras that have been reconfigured with Astronomik MC clear glass need an additional filter in the optical path that blocks either infrared light or visible light, contingent upon which area of the spectrum is in play, for imaging with camera lenses, adapters on refractors, or light-breaking elements like flatteners or reducers to function optimally. For terrestrial photography, Astronomik recommends the OWB (Original White Balance) clip filter which recovers the camera's original sensitivity before conversion, while for astrophotography in visible light, Astronomik recommends having at least one L-filter in the beam path. Meanwhile, Astronomik ProPlanet 742 or 807 IR Pass EOS Clip filters are perfect for IR photography.
More About Astronomik MC Clear Glass Filters
Protecting your imaging system from dust accumulation is the prime function of the Astronomik MC Clear Glass Filter. Use this multi-coated (MC) Glass Filter if your imager's focal plane needs to remain parfocal with other Astronomik filters. Multi-coating prohibits undesirable reflections. This filter substitutes for a UV-IR blocker provided your system doesn't have any refracting elements.When keeping your imaging system's focal plane in the same location as other Astronomik filters is a requirement, the Astronomik MC Clear Glass is the optimal filter for the job. Even while this MC Glass Filter is being used, the other Astronomik filters mentioned above will still remain parfocal with your imaging system. Made in Germany, the Astronomik MC Clear Filter is constructed using the exact same advanced process used to produce all other Astronomik filters. This gives the coatings on this filter the same scratch resistance, and provides the substrate with the same high level of quality, making the MC Clear Glass Filter parfocal with any other filter made by Astronomik. This filter also works to protect the front of DSLR cameras as well as Schmidt-Cassegrain, Schmidt-Newtonian, and Maksutov systems from dust without adjusting spectral characteristics, and with no reduction in the optical performance of your system.
Astronomik MC Clear Glass Filter Highlights
- All Astronomik filters are parfocal with all other Astronomik filters
- 1 mm thick glass
- Coatings provide full protection from the deteriorating impacts of scratching, aging, and high humidity
- Diffraction limited, this filter will not compromise your telescope's optical performance
- Astronomik filters are shipped with a durable plastic storage case of superior quality
- Astronomik filters made post 2008 feature a new design that eliminates any sort of halo or undesired reflection