- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik OIII 6 nm CCD Filter - 50 mm Round - OIIICCD6-50R
Astronomik OIII 6 nm CCD Filter - 50 mm Round
- This 50 mm round cell format Astronomik OIII 6 nm CCD Filter is designed specifically for astrophotography
- Nearly 100% OIII line transmission
- Approximately 6 nm FWHM bandwidth
- Ideally suited for imaging planetary nebulae and supernova remnants
- Astronomik's multi-layer coating technique protects this filter against scratches as well as the impacts of aging and high humidity
- This 50 mm OIII 6 nm filter is diffraction limited and therefore will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope
- German-made for superior quality optics!
- Works best with 6" or more aperture instruments
More About the Astronomik 50 mm OIII 6 nm CCD Filter
For OIII emission line nebulae imaging from an ideally dark location or under heavily light polluted conditions, the Astronomik OIII CCD Filter offers complete impediment against mercury and sodium-vapor, the main causes of light pollution, as well as natural skyglow, and moonlight. The contrast between objects in the 501 nm doubly ionized oxygen line and the background is greatly enhanced. In addition, with this OIII 6 nm CCD Filter allows greenish and blueish targets to be photographed, considerably expanding your imaging potential.
This Astronomik 50 mm OIII Filter incorporates a 6 nm narrow bandwidth with 96% typical transmission for a notable increase in contrast as all unwanted light from alternative wavelengths is blocked from UV up to IR. In comparison to the 12 nm OIII filter, this filter's smaller 6 nm FWHM (full width at half maximum) provides higher contrast gain. This results in an incredibly dark background.
Astronomik OIII Filters are the perfect choice for viewing under extremely light polluted conditions as well as for imaging faint targets in parts of the Milky with densely crowded stars. 6 nm FWHM is matched to provide superior performance with CCD and CMOS sensors with exceptionally low dark current! Furthermore, due to a new MFR coating technique applied to this filter, it can be used on all instruments up to f/4 without sacrificing efficiency.
As with all filters from Astronomik, the 6 nm OIII is parfocal with all other Astronomik filters. This filter has a thickness of only 1 mm and is highly resistant to damage incurred by scratching, aging, and high humidity. Diffraction limited for preserving the optical performance of your telescope. Astronomik filters are shipped in a high quality, long-lasting plastic storage case.