- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik SII 12 nm CCD EOS Clip Filter - SII-EOS
Astronomik SII 12 nm CCD EOS Clip Filter
- With an EOS Clip frame format, this Astronomik SII 12 nm CCD Filter is designed specifically for astrophotography with Canon EOS cameras that have an IR blocking filter over their detector
- Design especially for CCD astrophotography applications
- Created to the highest technical standards for the premium optical performance needed to use your Canon EOS camera for deep sky imaging
- Allows light from ionized sulfur (SII) emissions to be transmitted while blocking almost the complete remainder of the visual spectrum plus IR
- FWHM bandwidth of nearly 12 nm
- An excellent filter for planetary nebulae and supernovae residue imaging
- Made in Germany, a country recognized for producing high quality optics!
More About Astronomik SII 12 nm CCD Filters
This SII 12 nm CCD EOS Clip Filter from Astronomik is an ultra narrow emission line filter made to be used with Canon EOS DSLR cameras as well as instruments as fast as f/3.5 for CCD astrophotography operations only. Does not work for visual or solar applications. This filter permits ionized sulfur (SII) light from emission nebulae to be transmitted to your sensor while completely blocking the remainder of the spectrum, making it ideal for use in light polluted environments.
With a 12 nm FWHM (full width at half maximum), this filter is optimal for typical CCD cameras, enabling the use of super fast optics. The ideal aperture ratio range for this filter's usage is 1:2.8 to 1:15 with apertures of 6" (150 mm) and above. The Astronomik SII 12 nm CCD Filter has a transmission of up to 99%, a figure that cannot be achieved by simply stacking additional narrowband filters. Transmission losses and chromatic aberrations, which can be an issue with other filters, only occur with Astronomik filters in the case of extremely bright aperture ratios of 1:2 or more being involved. An additional benefit of 12 nm filters is the enhanced guide star possibilities for cameras with a built-in autoguider.
When compared with 6 nm filters, 12 nm filters provide similar performance. However, with 12 nm filters, background stars maintain their sharpness, while 6 nm filters offer a higher contrast gain. Therefore, it is best to use both filters together to achieve maximum contrast without compromising the quality of the background in your final image.
As with all Astronomik filters, the SII 12 nm EOS Clip Filter is parfocal with all other Astronomik filters. This filter is also remarkably resistant to potential damage that can be caused by scratching, aging, and high humidity. All Astronomik filters are delivered in a durable, high quality plastic storage case.
Astronomik Clip Filter System
Astronomik's exclusive Clip-Filter system is made from black anodized aluminum and laser-cut using ultra modern machinery. This filter can be directly inserted into the camera body of a Canon EOS DSLR in just seconds. No modifications are required and all lens functions such as focus, screen, and image stabilization, continue to be operational! With the exception of the EF-S series, all Canon system lenses, as well as all M42 and T2 lens adapters, are suitable for the Astronomik EOS Clip Filter. In addition, this system also serves as a dust protector, preventing dust from accumulating on your sensor during long exposures.