- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astronomik SII 12 nm CCD Filter - 50 mm Square - SII-50SQ
Astronomik SII 12 nm CCD Filter - 50x50 mm
- Astronomik SII CCD Filters are made for CCD photography with this particular model coming in a 50 mm square format
- By designing the SII 12 nm CCD Filter with regards to peak technical standards, Astronomik has created a filter that provides the optical performance you seek for deep sky CCD imaging applications
- Ionized sulfur (SII) light is allowed to be transmitted while the whole remainder of the visual spectrum plus IR is blocked
- This Astronomik SII CCD Filter has an FWHM of approximately 12 nm
- Best-suited for imaging planetary nebulae and supernovae remnants
- German-designed for supreme quality optics!
More About the Astronomik 50 mm Square SII 12 nm CCD Filter
This 50 mm Square SII CCD Filter from Astronomik is the ultimate narrowband imaging filter for performing CCD astrophotography. Its 12 nm full width at half maximum (FWHM) is optimal for typical CCD cameras, allowing the use of exceptionally fast optics. The f/number application range spans from 1:2.8 to 1:15. Astronomik filters only experience transmission losses and chromatic distortions when severely bright aperture ratios of 1:2 or more are involved, whereas with other filters they arise with more frequency. A further benefit of 12 nm filters is the enhanced availability of guide stars for cameras featuring a built-in autoguider. Up to 99% transmission.
Astronomik's CCD filters enhance the contrast between objects. The SII filter enhances contrast between SII emission line objects and the background sky while offering total suppression of mercury (Hg) and sodium (Na) and other artificial light emissions, as well as skyglow, making it an excellent filter to use in light polluted conditions. Because of the high quality of the Astronomik SII 12 nm CCD substrate, you'll see the same razor sharp stars as you would from your regular telescope.
All unwanted visible and IR spectral band wavelengths are fully obstructed with this 50x50 mm SII 12 nm CCD Filter from Astronomik. Like all Astronomik filters, the 50 mm Square SII 12 nm CCD Filter is parfocal with all other Astronomik filters. It has an ultra thin substrate and is diffraction limited to preserve your telescope's optical performance. Coatings offer total protection from scratching as well as the effects of aging and high humidity. All Astronomik filters arrive in a long-lasting, supreme quality plastic filter container.
- Over 97% transmission of the ionized sulfur (SII) line
- Blocks nearly the entire rest of the visible spectrum
- Obstructs undesired wavelengths in the infrared