- The Stellarvue 2" Adapter is made to work with 3” Feathertouch Focusers.
- Adding this to the focuser allows users to use 2" accessories.
- The included brass compression ring hold accessories firmly in place.
- Stellarvue has designed this adapter to be black in color.
- This Stellarvue 2" Adapter threads on to 3” Stellarvue Focusers.
- Using this allows users to start using 2" eyepieces and other accessories with 2" barrels.
- A brass compression ring clamp holds the accessories in place.
- Stellarvue has designed the adapter to be black in color.
There is no question how important it is to focus your astronomy system properly. Not only will precise focusing reveal optimal views, but it will ensure the highest image quality possible. Many focusing aids are adapters to connect a focuser to your optical tube assembly. This is particularly helpful if you plan on upgrading your focuser. Focuser adapters maintain your focuser’s stability and reduce strain on your optical tube assembly.
A Bahtinov mask is a must-have for every astrophotographer. This mask attaches to the front of the scope’s objective lens to show the astronomer how to precisely focus their telescope. The Batinov mask consists of three separate grids that produce three angled diffraction spikes when the telescope is pointed at a bright star. As the focus changes, the spikes appear to move so the observer can determine they must increase or decrease focus.
Another interesting focusing tool to consider is a micron indicator kit. These kits give you a readout of your exact focus settings. This great if you’re working with CCD photography, which often requires indexing the exact focus position of your imaging system. A micron indicator kit will often connect to a computer so you can easily use the kit on your computer.