- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Starizona Hyperstar 4 & Filter Slider Kit for Celestron C11 Edge HD - HS4-C11HD-FS
Disclaimer: Starizona Hyperstars take time to manufacturer as they are a custom product. Typically, this process takes a few weeks. You may contact the High Point Scientific staff at 800-266-9590 or send an email for a more accurate lead time prior to placing the order. Otherwise, the High Point processing team will reach out once an order is placed with lead time information.
Starizona HyperStar 4 for Celestron 11” Edge HD
with Filter Slider Kit
Take images 25 times faster by adding the Starizona HyperStar 4 multi-lens corrector and reducer to the front of your Celestron 11” EdgeHD’s optical system! The HyperStar replaces the secondary mirror on the Celestron 11" SCT OTA. Removing the secondary takes only a few minutes with no tools required. There is even a holder for the secondary included to keep the optics safe when not in use. Once the secondary has been removed, simply mount the HyperStar in its place, add your choice of camera (APS-format or smaller), and start imaging at f/1.9. You will experience a much wider field of view as well as lightning speed exposures. When it comes time to replace your secondary, no collimation is required. The secondary lens is indexed so you will know its proper orientation.
It is amazing how fast your exposure times will be once you’ve added HyperStar to the mix! For example, an exposure that takes 25 minutes at f/10, or 10 minutes at f/6.3, will take less than 60 seconds at f/1.9! Saving time is not the only benefit of imaging with HyperStar, however. The greatest advantage of consistently fast exposure times has to do with guiding, or should I say, the lack of guiding! The longer an exposure becomes, the more likely it will suffer from tracking errors, accidental bumps to the telescope, and other problems that cause out of focus images or star trails. However, with typical exposure times of 20 - 60 seconds, guiding is usually unnecessary.
This Starizona HyperStar Kit comes with the Filter Slider, which allows you to use multiple filters while imaging without removing the camera. Most filter wheels are too big to use with HyperStar; they block too much of the telescope’s aperture. The Starizona Filter Slider is built expressly for HyperStar imaging. It is only 0.69” thick and weighs just 5 ounces. The filter slider is round and smooth, with nothing to stick out and get in way of the light path. The HyperStar side of the filter holder has female M48 threads and the camera side has male T-threads. See a list of compatible cameras below.
The included filter holder slides in and out of the filter slider body. Magnets hold the filter holder firmly in place yet allow easy filter change-out at any time. The included filter holder will hold 2” mounted filters with a standard 48 mm thread.
Cameras Compatible with 11” HyperStar
- Astrovid StellaCam
- Atik 3-Series
- Atik 4-Series
- Celestron Nightscape
- Meade DSI & DSI Pro
- Orion StarShoot (I, II, and G3)
- Starlight Xpress (all models except H35/36)
- QSI 500 & 600 Series
- SBIG ST-8300
- SBIG ST-7/8/9/10/2000/4000
HyperStar 4 Specifications
- Focal Length: 540 mm
- Focal Ratio: f/1.9
- Field of View (with 35 mm sensor): 3.7 degrees
- Camera Adapter Threaded for 2" (48 mm) Filters
- Back focus (from mounting thread to focal plane): 59.7 mm (2.35")
- Maximum Usable Sensor Size: 35 mm Diagonal (APS Format)
- Weight: 2.1 lb
- Length (without camera adapter): 4.5"
- Diameter: 4.3"
When ordering your HyperStar it is important to specify the camera being used in the drop down above. If your camera is not included in the drop-down, please enter it manually in the field provided. If we have any questions or concerns a member of our telescope customer service team will contact you. While HyperStar lens assembly works with a various amount of cameras, some of them require different adapters. The proper adapter will be included, and so will a holder for safe storage of the secondary mirror while imaging.