- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Starizona Hyperstar System for C14HD with Filter Slider - HS3-C14HD-FS
Disclaimer: Starizona Hyperstars take time to manufacturer as they are a custom product. Typically, this process takes a few weeks. You may contact the High Point Scientific staff at 800-266-9590 or send an email for a more accurate lead time prior to placing the order. Otherwise, the High Point processing team will reach out once an order is placed with lead time information.
Starizona Hyperstar Lens for Celestron C14HD
with Filter Slider
with Filter Slider
- Starizona HyperStar Lens designed specifically for Celestron C14 Edge HD telescopes.
- Lens assembly is compatible with a variety of cameras. Please note that different adapters are necessary for different cameras. Choose your camera from the dropdown to get the proper adapter.
- Package includes a holder for safe storage of the secondary mirror during imaging.
- The Starizona HyperStar Lens System allows your telescope to operate at an extremely fast f/2.0 focal ratio, 25 times faster than the standard f/10 focal ratio.
- Mounting the HyperStar lens assembly in place of the secondary mirror allows a CCD camera to be mounted to the front of your telescope.
- Use of the HyperStar system enables a wider field of view and significantly faster imaging.
This HyperStar C14HD from Starizona was made for Celestron 14" Edge HD telescopes to enable exceptionally fast, wide-field CCD imaging. Works with many cameras including SBIG ST-7/8/9/10/2000, SAC cameras, Meade, Orion, Starlight Xpress, and Astrovid's popular StellaCam video system. Replace the secondary mirror on Fastar compatible the 14" Edge HD SCT with the Hyperstar Lens System to convert it into an f/1.9 imaging system. Includes adapter ring needed for Edge HD models to accommodate the HyperStar Lens.
Starizona Hyperstar Lens for Celestron C14HD Specifications
- Focal Length: 675 mm
- Focal Ratio: f/1.9
- Field of View (with 27mm sensor): 2.4 degrees
- Camera adapter threaded for 2" (48 mm) filters
- Backfocus (from mounting thread to focal plane): 67.4 mm (2.65")
- Maximum Usable Sensor Size: 27 mm diagonal (APS format)
- Weight: 3.1 lbs.
- Length: 5.6" without camera adapter
- Diameter: 4.9"
Starizona Filter Slider System
Starizona's Filter Slider System provides the perfect method for using multiple filters with the HyperStar. Most filter wheels are not compatible with HyperStar since they are too large and obstruct a significant portion of the telescope aperture. This new Filter Slider enables easy filter exchange without the need for detaching the camera from the HyperStar lens.
This unique device is perfectly circular and has no handles or other protrusions that could conflict with the light path. Filter Slider body features a small enough diameter that it contributes no significant telescope blockage. At only 17.5" (0.69") in thickness, this Filter Slider is compatible with most CCD camera and HyperStar Lens combinations.
The filter holder slides in and out of the filter slider body effortlessly, making filter exchange during imaging sessions a breeze. This holder utilizes tiny yet powerful magnets to lock in place against matching magnets in the main body. These magnets are strong enough to inhibit slipping while allowing for simple holder removal when it comes time to change filters. Tapered edges help navigate the filter holder into place for easy filter switching at night. As soon as the filter holder is fully inserted, it is securely and precisely held in place. Rounded notches on the exterior of the filter holder enable it to be gripped by your fingers for easy removal.
When ordering your HyperStar it is important to specify the camera being used in the drop down above. If your camera is not included in the drop-down, please enter it manually in the field provided. If we have any questions or concerns a member of our telescope customer service team will contact you. While HyperStar lens assembly works with a various amount of cameras, some of them require different adapters. The proper adapter will be included, and so will a holder for safe storage of the secondary mirror while imaging.