- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Optolong LRGB CCD Filter Set - 36mm Unmounted - LRGB-36U
Optolong LRGB Filter Set - 36mm Unmounted
The Optolong LRGB Filter Set comes four 36mm unmounted filters, including Red, Green, Blue, and Luminance. They are designed for de-bayered monochrome CCD and CMOS cameras and work great for both planetary and deep-sky imaging. Like all Optolong filters that are designated as “CCD”, this filter set blocks infrared wavelengths from 700nm to 1100nm so you don't need a separate IR-Cut filter.
The transmission of each filter is designed for maximum contrast and beautiful results. There is a gap between the green and red filters that improve color balance and separation by blocking out the Sodium line at 589nm. Also, OIII emission is allowed to overlap on the blue and green filters for more natural color.
The Optolong 36mm Unmounted LRGB Filter Set is made with Schott glass that has been multi-coated with an ion-assisted deposition technology to ensure scratch resistance and stability on the central wavelength or CWL. This filter set is designed to be used in color filter wheels that accept 36mm unmounted filters. It doesn't matter which way you drop them into the filter wheel. The filters are unmarked and either side can face up or down.
Quality Filter Materials:
- Schott B260 substrate material from Germany, 2.0mm thick
- Multiple layers of anti-reflection non-cementing coatings applied via electron-beam gun evaporation with Ion-assisted deposition
Optolong Filter Manufacturing Processes and Parameters
- Filter substrate is fine-optically polished to 1/4 wave and <30 parallelism over both surfaces
- Surface quality, according to MIL-O-13830, is 60/40
- 95% transmission at bandpass
- Infrared wavelength 700-1100nm cut-off
- Optolong’s planetary rotation system is a homogenous and precise coating procedure that ensures both high transmission of pass-band and optical density of off-band
- Each filter comes with a plastic case with high pressure EVA case lining
Optolong is the Astronomy Filters division of Yulong Optics, an optical filter design and processing company out of Kunming, China that has provided filters for over 700 optical companies since 1999. All Optolong filters pass European Union RoHS requirements and have been certified by TUV Rheinland and Bureau Veritas.