- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Orion 228 - 263 mm ID PinPoint Telescope Focusing Mask - 40012
Orion 228 - 263 mm ID PinPoint Telescope Focusing Mask Highlights
- Also known by the name Bahtinov masks, Orion PinPoint Focus Masks enable accurate focus to be obtained in seconds.
- Fits optical tube assemblies featuring an outside diameter between 228 mm and 263 mm (8.97" to 10.35").
- When precise focus has been obtained, the Orion PinPoint Focusing Mask produces an unmistakable intersecting 3-line pattern for indication.
- For a secure grip once installed on a telescope, three adjustable padded pegs, unique to Orion, are provided.
- Compatible with any telescope type, and particularly useful for astro-imaging setups.
Orion 228 - 263 mm ID PinPoint Telescope Focusing Mask
This handy PinPoint Focusing Mask from Orion is fixed to the front of an optical tube to achieve fast and precise focusing without having to do any guesswork. Also known by the name Bahtinov masks, these Orion PinPoint Focusing Masks have a laser-cut slot pattern that signals accurate focus has been obtained in any type of telescope by displaying an apparent intersecting 3-line pattern.
Installing an Orion PinPoint Focusing Mask on an imaging telescope will help astrophotographers save time by averting those discouraging, fuzzy results produced by slightly out of focus exposures. With this focus aid, users only have to fixate on any bright star within or close to the celestial object you want to image and modify focus until the intersection 3-line pattern signals that this has been achieved. Aside from astrophotography, PinPoint Focus Masks can also be used for visual purposes when prompt, tack-sharp focusing is desired.
Orion PinPoint Focusing Masks firmly attach to the outside of your optical tube or dew shield using three Orion-exclusive adjustable rubber pegs with thumbscrews. Installation and detachment are a cinch, enabling astro-image exposures to be captured quickly once exact focus has been obtained.
Made of laser-cut black plastic with a flat design to enable easy storage and transport, this Orion PinPoint Focusing Mask works with telescopes that have an outside diameter between 228 mm and 263 mm (8.97" to 10.35").