- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Starlight Xpress SuperStar High Res Autoguider & CCD Camera - Color
Starlight Xpress SuperStar CCD Autoguider & Imager
The Starlight Xpress SuperStar is a very compact, high resolution guider that is powered and operated via a single USB2.0 computer connection. It is the size of a 1.25” eyepiece and weighs less than 2 ounces! The SuperStar also provides an opto-isolated output connection for direct control of most mounts that are outfitted with a guider port. This output is compatible with the “ST4” style of RJ12 connection and supplies 4 “pull down” direction lines and a common return. Alternatively, you may send the mount control signals via a serial connection from the guider control computer.
The Starlight Xpress SuperStar uses a sensitive Sony ‘SuperHAD’ color CCD (ICX205) with an array of 1392 x 1040 pixels in a 1/2” format. Although the chip is not cooled, it has a very low dark signal and very little readout noise, and so the SuperStar can be used to guide on faint stars that are beyond the reach of webcams and CMOS chip-based guide cameras. The small pixel size of 4.65uM allows accurate guiding with very short focal length guide telescopes and even C mount camera lenses. The small pixel size also allows for good resolution color images of the Sun, the Moon, and the planets!
SX SuperStar Autoguider Specifications
- Imager type: ICX205AL Sony SuperHAD interline CCD with low dark current and vertical anti-blooming
- Pixel size: 4.65uM x 4.65uM
- Image format: 1392 x 1040 pixels
- Image area: 6.4mm (Horizontal) x 4.75mm (Vertical)
- Spectral Response: QE max at 520nM (~50%), 30% at 420nM and 670nM
- Readout Noise: Less than 10 electrons RMS - typically only 7 electrons
- Anti-blooming: Overload margin greater than 1000x
- Dark current: Dark frame saturation time greater than 1 hour. Less than 0.1 electrons/second @ + 10C ambient
- Data format: 16 bits
- Computer Interface: Built-in USB 2.0 compatible interface
- Image download time: Typically 0.6 seconds at full resolution using USB 2.0
- Power requirements: USB powered
- Cooling system: Ambient air cooling
- Size: 32 x 70mm black anodized aluminum barrel with 25 x 0.75mm C mount thread at the CCD window end & input/output plugs at rear
- Input Connection: Mini B USB socket for USB2.0
- Output Connection: 5 way JST ‘ZH’ style 1.5mm pitch plug to RJ12 autoguider plug
- Output Type: Opto-isolated 4 lines (N,S,E & W) pull down with common return line
- Weight: 1.8 ounces