- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
ZWO ASI1600MM Pro Monochrome Astronomy Camera with EFW Mini, 31 mm LRGB, & 31 mm H-Alpha Filters - ASI1600MMP-M4
Get a FREE ZWO Key Chain with Purchase!
ZWO ASI1600MM Pro Monochrome Camera Mini Kit 4
The ZWO ASI1600MM Pro Mini Kit 4 comes with a monochrome version of the ASI1600 Pro camera, along with a 5-position EFW Mini Electronic Filter Wheel, a set of 31 mm unmounted LRGB filters, and a 31 mm 7 nm H-Alpha filter!
ZWO ASI1600MM Pro Monochrome Astronomy Camera
Featuring low read noise, low dark current, and high dynamic range, the ZWO ASI1600 Pro camera provides superb performance for astrophotography. This camera offers 12.5 stops of dynamic range which is even better than the KAF8300, despite a 12-bit ADC, because of its ultra low read noise.The ASI1600 Pro chamber is designed to be sealed using four screws. Full testing has shown this structure to be exceptionally stable. Dew problems do not affect the performance of the ASI1600, even in highly humid environments.
DDR Memory Buffer For improved data transfer stability, the ASI1600 Pro has an upgraded PCB board with a 256MB DDR3 memory buffer. This also eliminates amp-glow issues commonly caused by slow speed data transfer during readout with USB2.0 ports. The DDR memory buffer is the key distinction between ASI "Pro" cameras and ASI "Cool" cameras.
USB 3.0 Port & USB 2.0 Hub USB 3.0 port supplies 5 gb of bandwidth to allow the ASI1600 Pro to run at 14.7 fps in normal 12bit mode, or 19 fps in high speed 23bit mode at full resolution (11.7 MP). For a cooling power supply, ZWO recommends either a 12V at 3A-5A or more DC adapter (2.1*5.5, center positive), or a 9-15V battery. USB 2.0 HUB connects a variety of accessories such as a filter wheel, guide camera, and electronic focuser. This allows better cable management. Two short 0.5 m USB2.0 cables are included with the ASI1600 Pro. When connected, this hub can also be powered by an external source.
Cooling System The ASI1600 Pro camera features a two-stage TEC cooling process for exceptionally deep cooling at -40ºC below ambient. For operation, an external AC-DC power supply (sold separately) is required.
ASIair Pro Camera Control (sold separately)
There is a wireless camera control solution available for this camera, and it's called the ZWO ASIair Pro. This small wireless module allows you to focus, take images, make adjustments with your smartphone or tablet, and even do plate solving and computerized mount control with the built-in SkySafari bridge. If you'd like to add an ASIair Pro to your camera order, you can find it in the suggested accessories section.
ZWO ASI1600MM Pro Cooled Mono Imaging Camera Specifications
- Sensor: 4/3" Panasonic MN34230 CMOS
- Diagonal: 21.9 mm
- Resolution: 11.7 MP
- Pixel Array: 4656 x 3520
- Pixel Size: 3.8 µm
- Maximum FPS at Full Resolution: 23 fps
- Shutter: Rolling
- Minimum Exposure: 32 microseconds
- Maximum Exposure: 2000 seconds
- Read Noise: 1.2e @30db gain
- QE Peak: 60%
- Full Well Capacity: 20keer.
- ADC: 12bit
- DDRIII Buffer: 256 MB
- Interface: USB 3.0/USB 2.0
- Adapter: 2"/1.25"/M42x0.75
- Protect Window: AR
- Diameter: 78 mm
- Weight: 14.5 oz.
- Back Focus Distance: 6.5 mm
- Cooling: Regulated two-stage TEC
- Delta T: 40-45 degrees below ambient
- Cooling Power Consumption: 12V at 2A max
- Working Temperature: -5°C - 45°C
- Storage Temperature: -20°C - 60°C
- Working Relative Humidity: 20% - 80%
- Storage Relative Humidity: 20% - 95%
ZWO EFW Mini Electronic Filter Wheel
This ZWO Mini Electronic Filter Wheel, or EFW Mini, is incredibly compact and lightweight! It weighs only 300 grams (10.58 ounces) and is ultra thin at only 20 mm.Even though it's small enough to fit in your hand, the ZWO EFW Mini is robustly constructed with a CNC-machined black anodized body made of aircraft-grade aluminum. In addition, the stepper motor is made in Japan by NPM. This 5-position color filter wheel, rotatable in both directions, accepts either 1.25" or 31 mm filters. A set of 31mm LRGB filters is also included in this kit, as well as a 31mm Ha. Using these filters with the ASI1600 Pro Camera allows for non-vignetted images with systems as fast as f/5. After installing the ASCOM driver, you can start using the ZWO EFW Mini by plugging one of the USB 2.0 cables included in this kit into the USB hub. You can also use one of the USB cables to connect the EFW Mini directly to your computer. ZWO's ASCOM driver is compatible with a large variety of control software.
ZWO 31 mm LRGB & H-Alpha Filters
- These 31 mm LRGB filters have been optimized for use with the ASI1600's monochrome sensor
- Includes 31 mm (IR-Cut) Luminance, Red, Green, Blue, and H-Alpha filters
- The four LRGB filters in this set deliver more than 92% light transmission at passband
- You'll enjoy better transmission, color separation, and coatings compared to standard LRGB filters
- RGB color combined weights are approximately 1:1:1
- 700 nm - 1100 nm infrared wavelength cut-off and precision off-band blocking
- Delicate optical polishing for 1/4 wavefront accuracy
- Multiple layers of anti-reflection coatings enhance performance
- These filters features a small spectral gap to minimize the effects of light pollution
- Each filter in this kit comes mounted in a sturdy filter cell