- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Astrodon Photometric Sloan Gen2 I Filter - 695/844 nm - 49.7 mm Round Unmounted - I2-50R
About Astrodon Gen2 Sloan Filters
Astrodon filters are high performing, durable filters that provide significant aid for astrophotography and research pursuits. Each filter is constructed using a highly innovative process with a single high quality 3 mm thick fused silica substrate and full hard oxide sputtered coatings. Optimally equipped to provide consistency for long-term research undertakings, Astrodon Sloan Photometric filters are fully coated without colored glass. Featuring the highest throughputs on the market, these filters are able to improve signals and enhance faint night sky objects.
Astrodon Gen2 Sloan Photometric Filters - Additional Information
Originally designed to include five predominantly non-overlapping filters that cover the spectrum from 300 nm up to the sensitivity limit of silicon CCD cameras around 1100 nm, Sloan Digital Sky Survey (SDSS) filters steepen the low wavelength side of the bandpass by combining colored glass filters with short-pass dielectric coatings. The skyglow line at 557.7 nm is reduced as it exists between the "G" and "R" filters.The most popular filter set in current use, the SDSS photometric filter system is employed by the Hubble Space Telescope to enable a large research reference database. A significant portion of photometry up to magnitude 23 will be completed in this system using meter-class telescopes. SDSS filters will also be used by such large collaborative survey projects as the Large Synoptic Survey Telescope (LSST) and the Panoramic Survey Telescope and Rapid Response System (Pan-Starrs). Using technical contributions from Las Cumbres Observatory Global Telescope Network (LCOGT) among others, Astrodon has taken their Photometric Sloan Filters to the next level. With these Generation 2 Filters, more separation is included between the "G" and "R" filters for greater avoidance of atmospheric skyglow. Unlike the Astrodon "Z" filter, a mere cut-on or long-pass filter, the "Y" and "Z-S" filters were added for the specific purpose of assuring that the high wavelength cut-off is controlled by the filter and not the detector. Finally, leakage already at a minimum is further reduced by tightened out-of-band blocking form average to absolute specification.
Astrodon Sloan Gen2 Filter Highlights
- Provides 50% transmission points (+/- 3 nm typical)
- Maximum transmission assured over 95%
- At most 0.03% tabs out-of-band from 300 nm to 1100 nm
- Single striae-free fused silica substrate
- 1/4-wave propagated wavefront prior to coating
- <0.5 arcminute substrate parallelism
- Substrate thickness is 3 mm +/- 0.025 mm before coating
- Proudly manufactured in the USA
Astrodon 49.7 mm Round Gen2 Sloan NIR "I" Filter
Edge-blackened 49.7 mm round mounted Astrodon Generation 2 Sloan Near-Infrared "I" Filter with the highest possible throughput available. Transmits light in the near-infrared (695 nm to 844 nm) region. Features 100% coatings for the consistency and reliability needed for extended research projects. Like all Astrodon filters, this Sloan photometric filter was made using a single high quality 3 mm thick fused silica substrate without colored glass.
Astrodon Sloan Gen2 Filter Specifications
- 3 mm +/- 0.025 mm fused silica substrate
- 25.4 mm +/- 0.1 mm diameter filter size
- Central 23.4 mm diameter minimum clear aperture
- TWF: <= 1/4 lambda per any 25mm square area before coating
- Coating to edge of part
- AOI: 0º
- Scratches: <= 0.06mm width; no limit on length
- Particles/Bubbles: <= 0.4 mm diameter
- Pinholes/Voids: <= 0.2 mm diameter
- Edge finish as fabricated
- Chips: <= 0.5 mm
- Edge Treatment: Edge-blackened with Enthone M-0-N black epoxy ink
- Thickness: <= 0.1 mm which may extend 0.5 mm onto top and bottom surfaces